Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Looks interesting… Greece is a good place for AC.

How old is this franchise now? The originals must be in need of a reboot…

An Ubisoft exec just heard you say that and has immediately begun production of the remasters and scheduled the remakes to follow. What have you done?

There is an Ezio Collection “Remaster”

Why pip why!!! Brotherhood is one of my favourite games of all time. Will have to get that now.

Currently playing through origins. It’s a pretty solid game. Game play changes are nice and Egypt as a setting is beautiful

Post Launch content has been announced.

Season Pass will include:

Two Story Arcs with three “Episodes” each.

“Legacy of The Blade” will release in December 2018 with the subsequent episodes being roughly 6 weeks apart.

“The Fate of Atlantis” will release in Spring 2019 and follow the first story arcs 6 weeks between episodes.

Assassins Creed 3 Remaster will be included in the season pass.

Between the launch of these episodes will be free content for all with new quests.

Daily challenges, weekly ships and enemies and more will also be added.

This sort of annoys me. It’s not need for this type of game. If it was an mmo or similar then yeah I can see how that would be good but fuck me! This is mean to be a game with a story! I don’t need daily challenges or enemies! Just give me a fucking story that hooks me like God of war, the last of us or assassin’s creed 2!

The witcher 3 had Quests and Contracts add frequently post launch… Considering the vastness of the game I didn’t see a problem with it.

Odyssey has been said to be over 100 hours… So I guess they are going for a completely different experience… Even Origins was very very vast compared to Assassins Creeds of old.

But I do understand you, I am very much for pure story focused games… I haven’t completed AC Origins cause I simply lose track of whats going on in the story.

I don’t mind side quests but when New things get added every day/week you can lose track of the story and that’s why you play games like assassin’s creed for the story.

I believe this is released today, and I seen game are offering it half price if you trade in some selected games. God of War being one of them. Very tempted, finished the story mode and getting a bit bored of trying to finish the side quests

Not bad really, shame it’s not the same as the Spider-Man trade in deal. Trade in GoW and get Spider-Man for £19.99.

I’ll assume that AC is £54 in store for standard edition, so not a bad trade in value at all really.

It’s less than 50 for the standard. Now you’ve put a spanner in works with that spider man deal

£49.99 on the Online Store. But generally in store they are £5 more unfortunately… No idea of the Spider-Man deal is still ongoing.

May have picked this up for 48 quid in Sainsbury’s

it isn’t making you do them though. and if the content is like what i’ve seen in origins it’s just a quest in the log and you can choose to ignore or even play as a separate piece of content.

What are your thoughts so far?

Only played for about an hour or so as I’m away this weekend but my god that is one stunning game! Breathtakingly beautiful graphics

Played a bit more last night. Finished Chapter one (think that is how its phrased) my god this is one beautiful game! Leaving the Island and having dolphins jump along side your boat is lovely, then watching whales breach the water and have shark swimming along side you was great (however I dont think there are many of any of these animals near Greece)

However, there is something about the game play I just can’t get. New fighting system (again) which just doesnt seem right for me. I can’t figure out what it is. It is similar to Origins but just seems a bit off. Might just need so getting used too.

New way the game plays is nice too. More interacting on cut scenes and no wrong answer. Different answers give you different results that affect the whole game. I like this. Interested to see how it changes things for different players. Also how you view the map/objectives has changed (if you want too, option to go back to the old way at any point) where some of the main ones you dont get a marker and have to figure out where to go yourself from instructions.

Overall, I think this game is going to take a lot of time, as there seems to be so much to do. Will keep this updates as I progress

Finished chapter 2 last night, story is getting interesting. Wondering how my choices are affecting things. Made a big one at the end of it last night, and i’ve no idea how it will go. Loving this aspect of the game now. You could play this game 100 times with both the male and female characters and it could be different each time. I might have to play it with the female just to see how the story works with her. Get a feeling it will just be the same premise but in certain points the gender will be reversed. Dont see it as being two different stories.

Getting to grips with the fighting now. Figured out if you dodge successfully it slows time a bit and lets get in more hits. You can not, like old AC games, take on large groups. Old games, you could just block and counter, this one you need to hit and run. Break them in to smaller groups and take on a few at a time. Special moves and the adrenaline system works well when you figure out how and when to use it. I may have been running around using the Sparta kick a lot, while shouting “THIS IS SPARTA!”

Sea battle are nice. Now, I never played black flag, so dont have anything really to compare this too. There where a few in Origins and these seem to follow the same game play, only this time you can upgrade your boat and crew. Have to go back out to sea to get to my next mission, so might try some more battles.

All in, game is getting better, going to be a good game this!

Well, 1st result of a choice has made itself clear. By saving one person I may have wiped out an entire island. Interesting will have to investigate this later.