Bad North

rts
indie
real-time

I came across this a while back via RPS (as per usual) and thought "dayum, that’s a nice, cute aesthetic.

A cool little RTS title, where you defend your island (randomly generated) from waves of attackers. You train and level up your units and just keep on defending.

It’s just been released on the Switch, out on PS4 and XBOX360 on August 28th and out for PC later this year.

https://www.badnorth.com/

RPS Article:

Additional video:

Nice find! I’ll have to keep an eye out for this!

I’m getting more and more tempted to buy a switch these days :thinking:

There have been a bunch of nifty little indie titles the last year or so and it’s great to see them coming out.

I’ve been fighting with myself not to.

I’ve enjoyed my time with my WiiU but in hindsight it really wasn’t worth the buy. That and looking at my fairly unused 3DSXL, I’m not sure I should get one.

What keeps bringing me back to wanting one is Ninty embracing Indie, a bit of new IP and them opening their doors a bit more with stuff like Dark Souls Remastered (Personally not a fan but come on, a Dark Souls game on a Ninty console? I would never have put money on that!).

I’m just worried it’ll gather dust like my WiiU and DS mostly have, oh and the price of some games doesn’t do it any favours either (though not everything is silly money - Axiom Verge and others are price-matched with Steam).

At the moment I have my eye on Zelda, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros, and now Bad North, the game Naloac linked too!

But yeah what you and @NaloaC mentioned is the fact that they seem to be embracing indie titles, plus it’s like a giant game boy :slight_smile: it’s great to see smaller devs getting the games out there - so I’d have no prob supporting a console that done that

Also Hyper Light Drifter is on Switch, I already have two copies but I’d buy a third since it’s just that good haha

Well lorelai is getting one today for her birthday. She has been wanting one for ages so she saved up about 100 quid and we put the rest in for her. She don’t know she’s getting it so might get her to wait all day for it :slight_smile: