Battlefield V

This all over. I know its not a realistic take on the WWII but you have to make some bits true from the time and the sounds should be one of them

Boy from EA was just interviewednon YT E3 show. Confirmed that BF royale will not be available at launch. And would not confirm when it would be.

from twitter

Battlefield V @ EA PLAY

Verified account

@Battlefield
5m5 minutes ago
More
Airlift items – delivered to #Battlefield V Deluxe Edition players and through partner offers – will be for customization only, letting you outfit your Company with cosmetics. They’ll be the same for all recipients, and won’t provide any performance or gameplay advantages.

Anyone pre-ordered the game yet?

I pre-ordered on Game to get access to the BETA. But will be cancelling from there as will not pay their prices.

Interesting video. Some more detailed comments on particular features. (After finding the whale)

Spotting Flares! I agree with his viewpoint in the video. With the Nerf to 3d spotting which are welcomed, they are kind of undone by the spotting flare system.
So it seems some players have spotting flares support in particulr, who can keep rearming and basically keep a “uav” style spotting on the mini map. Planes also have spotting flares (you will see them in airplay clips, the yare the red smoke trail falres). So basically yeah, you will have contsant visibility of the map of where the players are.

I haven’t watched all of that yet… but the map at 2:50 looks very familiar… like deja vu like its been used before, albeit, not in arctic clothes.

As for flares… yeah. I imagine that’ll be altered before launch - I hope. I think it is good to have some way of indicating the broad location of enemy. On large maps on BF4 in HC mode, it is sometimes hard to judge which area of the battlefield to move toward - only relying on flashing objectives points (in conquest) - which by the time you get there could have already been taken and everyone moved out. That chasing-your-tail feeling is one of the most annoying things on the larger BF4 maps.

So, if flares gave you a hint of “lots of enemies over here!” - then awesome. But live updates on the mini map. Nahhhhhh.

Does BF1 use flares for this same reason?

worth pointing out that they normally promote and advertise the game with standard settings so a HC server would mostly have limited functions like previous titles.

I like 3d spotting for two reasons

1. im not a trained solider but my character is so i see it as my character knows whats what with the information given to him/her and it’s represented on screen for me.

2. i hate having to look at the mini map unless its for navigation as taking my eyes away from what i need to shoot or whats shooting me is counter intuitive for me.

I like the idea of situational spotting, but you lose it when the target goes behind cover. It sounds like a nice mechanic on paper.

Yep - I’m the same. I agree with Reno and Naloac that I like to know where the majority of enemy roughly are - after all, it is a game and not a test on awareness. However - I remember the beta of BF3 on Metro with 3D spotting. Was a case of just look at a bush in the distance, keep pressing Q until a little red marker appeared. Aim just below the marker… Headshot.

That’s not so good.

In BF3/BF4 in Hardcore mode where ALL spotting is removed - I think it is a step too far. There are features that become redundant (scout drones etc). You can’t call out individual precision targets.

Middle ground would be good

Nah. They tell you exactly where they are in your vicinity. I dont like this at all, as you basically just play the minimap. Of course that goes two ways, so basically everyone knows where everyone is in that area.

They have introduced in my view, a great feature in that you can 3D Spot/Ping an area of the map. A building, a bit of cover. This is your idicitive spotting function. Great, get your squad mates to concentrate fire over there, or a team mate in a plane can then do a straffe or bomb run on an area. But you dont have precision information. But then they undo this by basically allowing a flare to pinpoint the players anyway.

As said, planes can fire spotting flares. So if you indicated an area on the map, a plane could fly over fire flares, release the positions of enemy on the mini map (possibly in fps view as well not sure). Or team mate could fire flare up, acts like UAV. all revealed. Problem is at moment, although you get 1 flare, it can be constantly rearmed if you are support, so you can keep flares up.

Get rid of flares! booo its ww2. No uav hints at all please.

Definition of spotting? See to me spotting includes highlighting it on the minimap. HC does have spotting on minimap. Scout drones, 3d spotting attachements all feed into minimap, so I never found those features redundant at all but then I found I was playing the minimap and got accustomed to navigating with it. So to be honest this feature as it stands in BF 5 would suit my play. But I feel that its ww2, and that there is just no need for some sort of mass spotting like this from “Flares” I mean since when did flares spot anyway? They should be a visual indicator. Fire a flare up and use it as warning that enemy might be there. Get a bonus if a player is killed or seomthing like that.

But more importantly it’s a mass market video game and not a documentary game made by the history channel. There were some arguments about realistic over authentic and what have you when medal of honor came back for a bit and it was silly there to. If it makes the game play fun and is in service with the rest of the games features and mechanics great.

Thats my point Reno though. I dont think it makes it fun, I think it makes it cluster fuck. Everyone knows where everyone is, and element of “gameplay” or “skill” is removed or prevented from being utilised (of course you could argue that to overcome in these situations requires skill in its own right, but bah).

I am not talking about realism here, or milsim, but I dont think as it stands that it is a good gameplay mechanic. Especially with DICES own words spoken on stage at reveal “taking the player away from the minimap”. This contradicts that. As your basically increasing the focus on the minimap.

I was initially pleased with how they had described the new spotting mechanism. It was enough to rely on your actual vision, gave a role to scout class and with the “ping” spot all was leaning towards exciting gameplay and degree of teamwork and skill. But no, lets undermine all that with ability to reveal all.

right sorry mistook your point there scotty by bad mate. The guy in the vid and a good idea bout maby making the markers pulsing insted of always there

Well to be fair I did say that get rid of UAV style spotting as its not a WW2 feature. But yeah, I think a degree of authenticity can be expected at a right balance of creativity for gameplay experience.

loving the sniping changes make them integrate more with the battle and not sitting on a hill a mile away