Battlefield V

Is Saturday Night shaping up to be a BF1 evening? Playing Operations, which I think has a new mode?

a smaller variant on operations that uses alot of maps that didn’t have a operation variant the first go around and they are only one map long instead of the two map variant.

Jesus fucking wept

I’m doing what Vred suggested, and referring to what I posted before about this game.

Seems we’re all in a tizzy about what BF should be, what we prefer etc etc. and getting all heated up about it.

Great summing up Xander! :smiley:

Anyone up for BF1 tomorrow? currently in London so wont be on this evening.

Lets all just focus on what BF:V will HAVE/HAS… (That we know of) also… Hugz for all.

Just saying…

this is a hardcore game Rising Storm:Vietnam (added new poll - please vote - 22//0618)

Now this is a cool addition to BFV

sorry Mic, you disagree that:

?

I can assure you, that is exactly how i feel :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s just my little in-joke to those of us tracking the logical fallacies vs false premises in this thread :smiley:

you can’t constructively disagree without offering something constructive, but i think you were overwhelmed by my amazing wordsplurge, and maybe just meant ‘respectfully’ disagree?

Having watched xander go 93 for 4 in regular bf1 with a rifle that in his own words he ‘wasn’t getting on with’, i don’t feel there’s any issue with the ability to kill people in regular. The skill ceiling is there if you want to practice and get better.

And the only thing I’m hot for is the discussion, and the insight/understanding it gives me into other people and their perspectives.

Pip you tease, please confirm for me that there are hug emotes in bfv.

God dammit now you’re switching context, like that’s not going to confuse the issue further! Instead of ‘i like purple’ you’ve gone full ‘you should get orange cladding on the entire exterior’.

Fuk me I gave up keeping tabs on this post.

I prefer HC.
I dont mind SC
I like Teamplay.

I Luv ZiiP.

This is an alpha, much changeyness to come. Now the beer.

OMG Reno that’ll save my life more often than I care to imagine LOL

Yup, i like that. Suppose it’ll depend to an extent on the actual level design how useful it is, but i like the idea.

I just got back from another 2 days on the road.

I’m tired, but there is beer chilling in the fridge and I have a fuck-ton of work still to do tonight.

hopefully it will be similar to dying light with having to hold space to grab the ledge

You’d like to think so, if its just fall of an edge and you auto grab it would be a bit crap.

This is the darkest timeline. felt goatees will be provided until you’ve had time to grow your own.

So you say ‘you have to’, but you don’t? Specifically, in hardcore i change up my gear to be better at killing, in softcore i aim for support and suppression (suppressing fire, distribute meds, incendiary grenades). You can choose either way, and while it might be more rewarding to play one way or the other in either mode, that’s the part i think comes down to, or helps determine, personal preference. I don’t see how that relates to the level of skill though.

Its an FPS and the people you’re talking about supporting need supporting because they are shooting or being shot at. You as king of medics have no job if not pew pew isn’t happening. I thought (obviously incorrectly!) it was fairly clear from context that I was talking about the pew pew people - and, to be fair, the point about needing a better aim to counter the different health system was yours so you at least acknowledge someone is going to be doing some shooting even if it isn’t you :grinning:

But I’ll conceed the point: You could absolutely play the game without shooting any guns at all (though Dice might be a bit miffed they spent all that time on the pew pew). As you probably know Knife servers were a thing when 3rd party servers gave communites more control and even if we say no pew or stabby, the game is built as a shooter so without shooting it would be a really slow game of tag.

Edit: And to answer your point a bit better after rambling. Skill is involved because it absolutely isn’t a game where no one or even most people choose not to shoot. Most do because the game invites them to. I thinkt that is a bit closer to your point, maybe.

Yeah you can absolutely do that in Normal and be rewarded in a similar way to doing it in Harcore and that also counts for the point about aim control. You don’t have to control your aim especially well in Hardcore to get a kill just the same way you don’t have to consider your movement especially carefully in Softcore to stay alive, but the better your aim control is in Normal the better - if you are so inclined - you are at getting kills, the better you are at moving through the map cautiously in Hardcore the less likely you are to die.

I absolutely feel there is skill to how you move around a more dangerous environment. It forces you to better and more creatively use your map knowledge, target recognition and powers of observation together to find ways of avoiding situations which are more difficult to manage when you are more fragile. And I feel it works if you’re talking about solo or squadding - I’d argue it becomes harder still on Hardcore to stay alive and remain mobile as a squad than it is solo.

I suppose that might be a part of my point as well that I haven’t put across well - I’m not just talking about killing people or staying alive. I mean removing people from objectives in Normal and getting around the map unscathed in Hardcore so you can play the objectives and win the game. The absolute most fun part of BF for me is, solo or squadded, getting around entrenched enemies or established ‘fronts’ to go cap objective Z all the way behind the enemy.

Maybe another re-phrasing: I feel the focus on certain skills in hardcore comes at the expense of having fewer skills be relevant?

I asked if you only meant the aim control skill because I wanted to understand what skills you thought existing in Normal that aren’t required for Hardcore because I don’t see what those are aside from the two I bulleted in my previous point (s’why I bulleted them!). I’m not being a pedant, I just can’t see what you mean.

agree to disagree like there’s no more to be discussed, which is a fat turd of a contribution.

That is fair enough (and to be honest I feel like I’ve been told “end of topic” a few times in this and another thread) but when the people having the discussion can’t be civil let alone find common ground to even attempt to understand each others’ point of view, isn’t it better for that conversation to be parked so it doesn’t crap all over the other conversations that are happening with other people who are more capable of communicating with each other? - Like what is happening here and in the Microtransactions thread.

My immediate reaction wasn’t to ‘agree to disagree’, there were a few posts before that, but I suggested that at the point where it seemed like those involved were all pissing in the wind as far as each were concerned.

Yep could do BF1 tomorrow.
Btw all this started from me commenting on pre-alpha version of BFV :smiley:
I find that extremely funny.

Nah, it was bubbling before that then went away a little bit. You just came back and chucked petrol on what was left :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well I was just coming in with my own take on the game as I’m in the alpha… Now I was thinking that people understood that it is my take on the game. You see I like the HC, specially since I have been playing a lot of PUBG. You have to be very careful and aim control is key so is teamplay also so it is closer to HC mode, I like that. OK BF has respawn but still every death counts down your tickets, people seem to forget that.

Thing is the disagreements, because really thats all this is, isnt to do with BFv but who likes what. Simple as that. Does it matter what its called, not really, does it matter if one person likes that mode and another doesnt, no. Simply put, this is over peoples views on what they like, so no one person is right (i’m right but just saying this) and no one is wrong (unless you dont agree with me, in which case you are very wrong) and the fact that its fucking impossible to please everyone all the time.