War Thunder Screenshots

Some wonderful curb-stomping rounds from the last few days :blush:

This was 13 kills and no deaths in the Pz IV G :smiley:

Not played Tier IV Germans in a while. Ru-251 grabbed a point and wrecked a few things and some assists. Then the Jagdpanther came out and unleashed hell!

I had one use left in a simple 30% SL booster, so decided to have a cheeky round this morning… Worked out nicely :smiley:

12:0 not too bad at all. Seriously, Tier III is where it’s at, but you do run the risk of getting up-tiered against Jumbos and the like. Even KV-1’s aren’t much of a problem any more.

BOATS!

My best round on boating-arcade-simulator so far… I think.

…and nothing particularly happening here… other than a peaceful cruise with @n0tch

Fucking nicely done!

Nice going Jes. And n0tchyp00 is playing boats? Fai**

We had a lovely cruise in our Nazi torpedo boats and then had a splendid pub lunch before an afternoon nap.

Possibly the best round I’ll ever have… need to dig out the video. Not even sure what happened tbh. One minute I was going head long into the ‘B’ point… saw about 4/5 or so ships surrounded me… thought “that was silly, I’m dead…” - then just went berserk and murdered everyone…

Happy days.

Wow nice going Jes

A few shots from the naval side of things recently. NO idea how that last one happened (triple kill from a single torpedoe!).

Fear these things…

BF109 E7 hoping for a good run (it wasn’t)…

MZ1. Slow, but can pack a punch!

Kills are in the bottom right.

Lost count on how many close calls like this I’ve had since starting the beta…

About 60 seconds later I managed to weave that ship between 4 torpedoes launched at me by a destroyer.

After getting my MZ1, 140 and Leichte utterly annihilated by enemy ships, I took to the skies and realised the magnitude of what I had to deal with…

Jester and I did not fare well this game. Jes got one-shotted out of the sky by what I think was a Bofors 40mm AI-controlled gunner and I got ammo-racked twice.

The balance around the BR 3.7 and 4.3 range is tentative and questionable at the moment.

Ok, so not so much a War Thunder screenshot… but related.

In warthunder, it is annoying to get hit in your ship by Kamikaze - sometimes destroys you. Sometimes doesn’t.

Equally, sometimes a lucky shot hit your ammo store and blows you up.

Here is an ammo ship in WW2 getting hit by a Japanese Kamikaze pilot.

Note: That’s not a nuke…

Holy fuck.

I’m starting to get my eye in with long-range ammo-rack kills on other ships now. The MZ1 with the AP cannon rounds has such a nice rate of fire that you can put a few salvos downrange in no time at all.

Again… the details in this.

My engine got hit and I started leaking oil everywhere.

Had a fucking beast of a round in the Type 1924 destroyer!

It also transpires that you can drown… I got rammed by a destroyer and he rolled my ship. held me upside down for too long and all my crew drowned as a result! :open_mouth:

Bastard!

Soooooo want to play boats…surely they have had enough testing :slight_smile:

I reckon they will have it out to everyone by christmas.

Might actually get me back into this with boats

The gameplay is a really nice mixture of naval and air.

You get 3 spawns with boats and 2 spawns with planes. The planes do require sufficient spawn points in order to go flying.

When you start the game, you already have 3,000 spawn points and a plane requires 3,600. Generating a full 3,600 through ships and planes is extremely difficult and I have never even come close to getting a 2nd plane.

The AI gunners on the boats aren’t be best, but they can certainly knock some of the less agile pilots/aircraft down, but beware of incoming bombs/torpedoes. Even aircraft cannon fire can fuck up the smaller torpedo boats and gunboats.

I think Naval is probably the most forgiving of the gamemodes that they’ve done so far. A Tier 1 reserve craft can actually go up against a Destroyer and come out on top if you’re smart with your movement and get your torpedoes off on-target. I know I’ve lost dozens of Destroyers to little G5 russian torp launchers!

As long as the torps aren’t as annoying as in wows

What makes them annoying?

The hit detection in WT is superb. I’ve dodged torpedoes with less than a metre of space. Some of the larger ships can actually take multiple torp strikes if you manage to keep them hitting the same space and that space doesn’t hold anything explosive.

You get a warning for incoming torpedoes when they are close enough, giving you between 400-500m warning as they approach. Some boats can manoeuvre quickly to dodge them, but it is difficult with others. It also depends on what the travel direction they have relative to your ship.

I’d upload some video, but it takes so fucking long for me to upload anything from here :confused: