Warhammer Painting

I so love the Titan models. Wish i could get the Forge World ones but way out of my monies league.

And that is some great detail even for a smaller model

As lovely as a proper titan would be, it would just be a model sat on the desk (like everything else at the moment). I’m looking forward to when they release Reavers and Warhounds. Hopefully, they will release them quickly after the initial release.

I’m so tempted by this, but cannot justify that estimated price for the boxed kit! I had to help someone out yesterday and it took a chunk our of my wallet.

@NaloaC Did you ever get started on the one we got you?

I am purposefully holding off on it until I clear some undercoated stuff out of the way. I need to at least get a set of Primaris Reivers painted up in Chapter colours before I tackle absolutely anything else.

Fuck me… €230 for this:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-IE/Adeptus-Titanicus-Grand-Master-Ed-2018-eng

The models alone come to €220…

Huzzah! It’s sold out and they stated that they won’t be doing a re-run of it until 2019 :smiley:

That removes the temptation :smiley:

Everyone up on all the Forge World changes that are exploding the 40k forums/pages?

Feels like it is causing some variant of the Streisand effect in causing a lot of chatter about chinese and Russian recasters. Heck, aside from boyish fantasies of owning a Warhound I was never going to buy anything from FW but all this hubub has had me google a few recasters and seriously consider dropping some dough on some of the smaller but really nice FW recasts.

Not heard what’s going on but I have always wanted a load of stuff from them but way to expensive. Thunder hawk was top of the list

“Forge World Raise Prices Substantially For US Customers”

From the article:

UK price:

US price:

Currency conversion:

The AUS prices are even higher than they were, a Knight Castigator will cost you nearly £250 before P&P instead of £185.

Lots of people feel that salt is being rubbed in to the wound since these follow changes that FW made to the price and speed of shipping, making it cheaper and quicker because they set up a warehouse in the US and are doing so in Aus as well. They claimed this would make things cheaper which people interpreted to mean the models, not just the shipping but the opposite has happened, for a lot of models in the US, Aus and NZ the overall price has rised 30-50%.

One of the titans has gone up several hundred Aus dollars following the changes!

You all need to up your game

Yeah the exported costs are getting getting ridiculous. I’d never had any interest in getting Forge World stuff, my ocd/almost on the spectrum brain decided that the stuff they do shouldn’t be mixed with proper GW stuff otherwise why not just make up your own stuff with your own rules (I know, my brain is weird).
Then I saw the Leviathan Seige Dreadnought and WANTS! Then I saw the price and got back in my box…

On another note…

My wife suggested to me that I’m spending too much time playing computer games (Warframe) by hiding the keyboard.

Which made this happen;

11 Poxwalkers, 5 Scout Snipers, 5 Hellblasters, a Primaris Lt and Typhus built and primed and the magnetisation of the Baal Predator in full flow.

Heresy! We need to spread the love and message of Saryn our true savior and bringer of spores! Seriously I barely see you online, maybe its a time difference thing.

Btw. did hiding the keyboard has her desired effect? I could be wrong but painting Warhammer stuff doesn seem like right … maybe shes hiding the paints next?

Are the two different coloured plastic parts for the Predator in the same box or is it an upgrade kit?!

They’re still the same grey - the colours got altered by the lighting and I was too lazy to colour correct it :laughing::laughing:

Wow - I completely forgot I also put together and primed/based a Noxious Blightbringer;

I’m going to look at ordering some heads for my Necormunda gang tomorrow since its pay day which will hopefully spur me to get back to them.

I’m feeling the tug to start a Tau army again but have no interest in playing in the local GW store and my board gaming friends aren’t really interested in playing. I could look at beginner games at the local ‘Brick and Mortar’ stores but some of the people in there are very punchable.

It does seem to still be a pre-requisite for a job in many GW stores.

There’s the new starter pack coming out, but it’s Genestealer Cult and Space Wolves.

Kate gave me permission to buy one of the starter army sets today while we popped in to GW looking for the Eisenhorn model (no luck :frowning: ).

I had the Tau box in one hand and the Nid box in the other…

My collection of unpainted shame stopped me taking her up on it though but it was touch and go - those fish heads have some nice models…