Activision clamping down on Cheats in COD, Rockstar wipes GTA accounts that used glitch

3 Stories with this. One is that a cheat maker has abandoned their COD cheats after a lawsuit from Activision - leaving lots of people complaining about a lack of update/support and demand a refund.

The cheat makers have actually apologised for any hurt casued… bless.

Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-30-prominent-cheat-maker-apologises-for-any-pain-weve-caused-to-players-of-call-of-duty-after-activision-legal-threat

ROFL

Then a well know Twitcher had their account banned after accidently showing the menu for said hack above. Oppies.

Reaction when he’s told he’s streaming it is priceless.

Source: https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-streamer-accidentally-reveals-hes-cheating-loses-his-twitch-channel/

Thirdly, Rockstar has reset everyone’s account that made use of a money glitch that gave people milliions of bucks ingame. Not just removed the money - full account wipe. Ouch.

People aren’t happy…

Source: https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/31/21408791/gta-online-rockstar-reset-apartment-garage-glitch-reaction-cheating-exploit

4 Likes

When Rockstar first started going after people legally I was of the opinion that they should be spending that money on fixing holes and hardening their products. Now? I really want the ‘make an example of a big name’ approach to continue and really put the screws to these people.

You’re getting sued for creating hacks and cheats for a multiplayer game?

3 Likes

Then saw this:

1. I’m obviously out of touch… but coaches for CS:GO ?!? - Serious? What a world to be alive in.

2. Glad to see that developers are finally realising and stamping down on cheats hard. It’s only taken 20 FUCKING YEARS.

3. I hate multiplayer gaming even more than ever. If it wasn’t for games that we play these days, I’d have completely left by now. Don’t think I’ll play an FPS again…

3 Likes

I read about that boy and his twitch. Apparently he tried to stream again showing a behind screen view to show his screen and prove he was still good without the cheat!! Honest guvna.

4 Likes

Coach: “Git gud and here, take some Adderall

You mean you don’t like being called racial/homophobic/prejudice slurs, hearing about your mother’s apparent marital indescretions and how big 13 year old Billy from Fresno’s massive dong is?

But we can’t have any kind of competetive gaming without shit talking, didn’t you know that? Ok Boomer.

Seriously though, multiplayer for me now means ‘CooP multiplayer’. There have been a good number of games over the past few years that caught and then immediately lost my interest when I realised they were PVP multiplayer (Hunt, Tarkov, etc).

3 Likes

I just laugh at the generation hooked on Adderall to play videogames. I shouldn’t - I should care, its a terrible thing. But generations that seem to think they have all the answers to everything seem to be getting younger and younger. Well, this is their problem. Own it.

Also, in my late teens, early twenties, I (like many here) could do all night gaming sessions AND go to work. Didn’t need drugs.

lightweights.

I agree about the co-op MP thing though. The last was Dayz - but that got more frustrating the more people we met. Sandstorm is currently my favourite FPS game - So much fun coop and the AI is pretty smart. Sea of Thieves is very clever in that there is P2P interaction, but its done in a way that you can either avoid it, or if you get killed, it’s not going to frustrate you… at least it hasn’t so far.

But I have no urge to play games like Battlefield or COD again. Sometimes I think I’d like to… but I know it is with rose tinted combat goggles on.

4 Likes

WTF is adderall?

2 Likes

Your all coming around to my thinking now!! For me its all about coop now, maybe once in a blue moon ill play an fps but I’ve lost all love for that game type.

2 Likes

Have to say recently games of COD I thoroughly enjoyed. And had some really good games at it. I can’t really be arsed with Battleroyal stuff. But fast pick up and play rounds were great. And never fler any annoyance of pubbers as simply muted the annoying ones, but I think the real twats all went to BF. As most time folk were just getting on with playing.

That said loving Insurgency COOP. Challenging and just us at our own pace. And yeah Sea of Theives is gret fun. And well can’t grudge a Pirate for being annoying and stealing our stuff!.

4 Likes

Cheaters caught out cheating 200

6 Likes

Known as a ‘study drug’ but its actually an excessively prescribed ADHD medication, basically legal amphetamine tablets.

US Drs’ approach to prescribing Adderall:

• Kid full of energy? Adderall
  • Kid can’t concentrate? Adderall
  • Kid has poor grades? Adderall
  • Kid plays too loudly? Adderall
  • Kid talks too much? Adderall
  • Kid breaths too loudly? Adderall

It is so widely prescribed that many, many children being given it have turned to selling it to college students who want to make sure they pass their courses.

I think the only thing abused more in the US are opiods. If you have good enough insurance or a Dr with few enough morals you can get your hands on it.

Fucked up shit.

4 Likes

Not Activision, but related to esports and coaches:

Going back to 2016.

2 Likes

Hahahahaahahahahaahahahaha. Haaaaaaa. Ha.

Body seems unclear is this a complete sentence?

3 Likes