Audio lead question

Quick question.

I got a nice new steel series headset that has a DAC that has digital optical in. Since i got it i’ve been moving the cable i have from xbox to PS4 and back again. The netflix apps on the consoles looks shit some some reason so have to use the Smart TV app. Question is do i loose audio quality if i use the Digital optical out from my TV for my xbox and ps4 or would a optical switch be a better choice?

I think you will be fine with doing it via the TV.

1 Like

I plug my Soundblaster G6 into my TVs Optical to have sound from all devices plugged into TV. Sounds great :slight_smile:

1 Like

If it is a optical digital out (in) it doesn’t matter what the source is as long as it is connected to the same DAC. That is the whole point of a digital signal line, like a Toslink optical cable.

1 Like

thanks for the advice guys!! it works great.

i was just unsure as the xbox and ps4 had bitstream or something in the setting that the instructions said to change

Keep the Xbox and PS4 doing HDMI Bitstream to the TV, then the TV will send it via Optical to your DAC :slight_smile: This way your TV audio itself when not using headphones is unaffected, with mine I just mute the TV audio when using headphones, otherwise it’ll come out of both sources.

1 Like