DCS Flight Sim?

Welcome to the mad house Jas! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome Jas, jump on Discord when you see anyone on and say hi!

1 Like

I’m on there but have not been authenticated for access to the rooms

Sorry mate, need to give you BlackScopion membership on there… but couldn’t see you.

Just got kicked lol. Will rejoin

Rejoined and was kicked straight away?

Erm - that’s a bit rubbish, can only apologise. You certainly weren’t kicked by anyone here so it’ll be Discord doing its crazy things. Can you try again and I’ll try and spot you. How bizzare.

1 Like

1 Like

Right - it seems that Discord has been playing up all night because @Scottyboy, @n0tch and myself were kicked - and when I managed to get back in briefly, it said that @Jas107 had joined (something that wasn’t showing before) - I’ve now given you access to other channel (if it is working) - So your kick was probably a crash of the servers from discord’s end.

I love computers…

3 Likes

It’s no issue at all. I am now on there so I look forward to chatting to you guys there. Thanks for sorting it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

More Bombing practice. Have switched the markers off.Got to start being able to find targerts without the help. Ok, I played this mission before so have an idea whats going on. But still tough to spot the targets on the ground.

Apologies, no sound (other than odd click, breathey noise and slight cheer from me through distant mic). Still not perfected this capture method for DCS.

4 Likes

Bind the zoom button for vr. Unlike real life you are looking at pixels so something in the distance could end up being only a pixel big. I think it’s in the misc options

Got the VR zoom on my thruster. Got my controls reasonably settled now. Although I need to move auto stop sequence so its not next to my landing gear button!! Been a couple of “incidents”.

1 Like

Ah i have x56 so my autostarts are set to the lower switches, no where near where my hands sit in flight on the stick. I used to have an issue with my controller ghosting so it would auto shutdown the engines. In the end had to get a PCI express usb 3.0 card to split the usb channels. With VR being plugged in, two joysticks and the pedals plugged in it drained the bandwidth of the usb channels on my pc

Nice wee mission I had. Scored a few good hits with the bombs.But on approach for landing after being all cleared suddenly runway not clear! shocking behaviour from ATC! Forced me into a circle and break landing which Im no good at. But got her down kinda.

Anyway some spliced footage from replay, couple of bomb runs a sonic boom and the landing incident in here.

4 Likes

Really nice flying. Only thing I would say is when you aborted the landing to next time raise the gear until you are on approach again. Just purely because you may go overspeed and damage your gear (then it will be a belly landing)

I am currently learning the F16 again as I got it at launch and it had bugger all in it. Actually has HARM and a few other missiles I wanted so back on learning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cheers man. Aye thought about taking the gear up. Was watching my speed.

I have so much still to suss out on the F16.

1 Like

I swear I took off with more parts on the wing than this…

5 Likes

@n0tch

Its going to be glorious.

Only 45 seconds in is what its all about!!

5 Likes

I luffffffff F-14’s

2 Likes