Diablo IV!

Sex wee!!

3 Likes

I’ve heard its shared online worlds with no linear story and now I dunno how I feel.

as with all of blizzards stuff this blizzcon Mehh for me that is

I will see where this goes, I’m a huge Diablo fan, played the shit out of every single game. 1700h+ in D3 only on the Monk class alone, 7years in D2 on and off and multiple playthroughs in D1.

What I saw so far looks good, D2s darker visuals combined with D3s engine and a few of its mechanics. What scares me is the rest. What does itemization look like? Will we have variety in the builds like in D2, they said yes but who knows.

From what Blizzard said it sounded like a standard Diablo story driven RPG. Maybe something similar to Lost Ark? I would be ok with that because that game is lots of fun.

https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-4-offline-mode/

We asked lead designer Joe Shely if it was possible to play Diablo 4 offline. “There’s a large, seamless, connected, and shared space in the world, going down into dungeons, being able to group with your friends, trading and PvP. We feel that the best way to experience that is in a world that is online,” Shely responded.

The “shared open world” essentially gives Diablo 4 the form of an MMO, so it’s not surprising that it will require an always-on internet connection in order to populate the world with other players. You’ll be able to play solo, but not offline.

grumble grumble

Always online for a game that can be played solo always erks me some what

2 Likes

What they describe is basically exactly what Lost Ark is like, and that game is awesome. I’m a little unhappy with it, simply owing to my current internet situation, but it can really improve the game. Depends on how its implemented.

More importantly they already confirmed trading. D3 was the same though. Might check if you were able to play offline but I don’t believe so?

Bunch of information, everything from rune words, gameplay, open world bosses, skills, talent tree. All in all sounds pretty nice but also very similar to Lost Ark in a few aspects.