Does Humble Bundle Know something we don't

Just got an email with this current offer:

Humble Book Bundle: Survive Everything by Skyhorse (pay what you want and help charity) (humblebundle.com)

BANDWAGON!!!

3 Likes

There’s an irony to releasing while Texas has no power so people can’t read ebooks

2 Likes

I love the fact there are multiple books on survival - from emergencies to being lost through to foraging.

Then there is “Make your own beer”

Glad Humble Bundle have their priorities correct :slight_smile: If you’re going to be fucked, at least be fucked with some homebrew.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of the “When shit hits the fan” book in that collection, which offers (among other things) ‘Surviving in possible combat, whether through weapons training or hand-to-hand.

“Pardon me sir, I need to look this up. Are you planning to use a bladed weapon? Just need to know if I should look at chapter 7 or 8”

1 Like

As an 8 year old I remember reading the SAS survival guide, which gave me the confidence to feel that surviving a nuclear war would be a walk in the park if I just followed some simple tips. Bring it on Russia!

Then I watched the BBC drama “Threads” and my confidence evaporated into a stary-eye wreak rocking backwards and forwards under the stairs waiting to be vaporized.

Now I live next to RAF Waddington. So my estimated time of survival in a nuclear war is probably around 0.02 seconds. Not even enough time to flick to the index page…

2 Likes