Dream remakes/sequels/rereleases thread

I’ve found myself missing a bunch of older games recently but remembered that, even though I still enjoy them, many of my favourites just haven’t aged well.

What games would you love a sequel to, would love to be released, remastered or remade?

Mine:

• Actraiser - I absolutely love the mix of side scrolling hack and slash with the world building god mode. A team did try, but apparently it wasn’t very good.
  • Hogs of War - Obviously it would be without Rick Mayall, but I think this is crying out for a rerelease/remake/etc - I wonder if Xcom would be up to being a platform for a mod?!
  • Future Cop: LAPD - Absolute light years ahead of most games released around the time. It’s a top down mech shooter with a transformable mech, upgrades/pickups, a campaign and a skirmish mode which is top down shooter mixed with tower defence/rts.
  • Exhumed (Also known as PowerSlave) - Fairly generic Doom/Hexen clone with an ancient Egypt skin. The secrets are fun to find and there is an absoltely insanely difficult lot of secrets called ‘dolls’ which I have never ever seen anyone unlock without cheats - but is apparently possible without.
  • Strike games (Soviet/Nuclear/etc) - Some games have come close but none have managed to capture the originals.
  • Wipeout - Lots of ‘spiritual successors’ but none that capture the original glory of Wipeout/2097.
  • Tenchu - Why the hell is this franchise dead?! I remember being blown away by the gameplay in the demo level, graple hooking on to roof tops, the traps, the variety of weapons and approaches…
  • Firestorm Thunderhawk - Pretty generic chopper game but it is the closest thing to ‘Ace Combat with helicopters’ I’ve found. Excellent fun.
  • Tombi - Excellent side scrolling platformer that I just haven’t found anything like since.
  • Apocalypse - Bruce Willis. Silly guns. Mindless fun.
  • MDK - Weird a shit, kind of has Abe vibes.
  • Silent Bomber - Bomberman meets Apocalypse.
  • Submarine Commander - Ace Combat with subs
4 Likes

Wipeout Omega collection on PS4 is amazing, PSVR compatible too boot, which is fucking glorious.

1 Like

Battlefield 2142. Same gameplay just better graphics.

8 Likes

THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS,THIS, THIS,THIS,THIS ahemmmm sorry about that

3 Likes

Tenchu, absolutely. the 2nd one on PS2 was amazing.

Silent bomber was icredibly stupid anime fun.

Future Cop LAPD had an amazing skirmish mode, wish more games had that kind of feature.

2 Likes

Closest I’ve ever come is the second Airmech game.

Tenchu got me thinking and I remember Shinobi from PS2. The best and most fun combat I’d ever experienced up to that point and for a good long while after.

Oh my heavens to be parachuting into mayhem again throwing a wire round your arm before lopin it off and playing the rest of the game one handed I miss me deus :sob:

1 Like

heh look what has just been announced:

1 Like