Flightradar

Sonetimes can ait and watch little cartoon planes for ages. Trying to picture whats going on on those planes. This is live now. RAF fuel tanker off the coast.

4 Likes

“Join the RAF, they said.”

“See the world, they said”

Nope… Just enjoy looping continuously off the Lincolnshire coast. Lovely.

5 Likes

What amazes me…

Current Western Europe, albeit at night under covid-19 restrictions:

'merica:

4 Likes

whats really scary is all those planes are filled to the brim with guns, ammo and FREEDOM

7 Likes

Check this dude.

I think isolation is getting to @Scottyboy.

It starts as a fascination with flightrader24 - in another 2 weeks, he’ll convert his bedroom into an air traffic control room with 15 monitors and multiple chairs. Putting toy aeroplanes in his garden that he spots from his window with a pair of binoculars and taxis to their appropriate runway.

The final stage is when someone turns the lights off in the house and he launches full assault on the terrorists that are trying to shut him down as they try to free a foreign dictator. You’ll know when this level is reached when he’s standing in the garden waving two lit torches.

8 Likes

Oh, but to have an ATC operators chair… drool

3 Likes

oh hell yeah. 24 hours chairs rock.

1 Like

Wonder what this guys story is?

Hot air balloon?? 51000ft??

1 Like

God damn you Scotty! Now got me on it!

Thought we were getting bombed again when I seen the shape of this one until I clicked on it

3 Likes

See a private helicopter up near you Scotty. They are coming

2 Likes

You should see the choppers off the coast of Aberdeen. Loads of em for the rigs.

Interesringly though. That balloon belongs to this

Bringing internet to remote places. Cool

2 Likes

Crazy the amount of planes over the states.

Yeah just looking at that.

Found this dude 25ft! Doing figure of 8.

Blue planes re tracked by satalite

I enjoy suprising ppl in the house with “there is a plane due to fly overhead in 5 mins” or “there will be a red helicopter in view in 5 mins”.

When they fly over an area over n over again, they usually doing surviellence or ariel photography.

you have found some gems.

Last week i got epically confused there was a drone flying into the english channel from lydd.

1 Like

Also its not as fun as flightradar, but there is a shipping tracker
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-3.0/centery:56.0/zoom:10

1 Like

Um, there’s a satellite tracker here if anyone wants to see Elon Musks new toys cruise over head.

https://findstarlink.com/#

2 Likes

Watched them last night. Got bored around 7 of them. A blip on a lovely night sky!

1 Like

Yeah, they’re getting the attention just now, but when you’ve spent time and seen loads of satellites, they all look pretty much the same, ISS is the big un.

2 Likes