Football talk 18/19

BBC News - Newcastle United: Ex-Man Utd & Chelsea chief Peter Kenyon heads takeover consortium

Villa have shortlisted a potential new keeper in the January transfer window…

Whoop - 2-0. Game in hand, but can’t go top if we win it. Good taht the league leaders lost today :slight_smile:

At the start of this years game Matt Ritchie’s hair was dark brown, significantly darker than in reality. I’ve re-trained him into a fullback and his hair is now completely black. Can someone sign him in their game and retrain him as a striker and see if his hair gets lighter? I’ve got a theory.

This issue is less concerning than that time Jonjo Shelvey grew a full head of hair one August or the time Jack Colback and Ayoze Perez swapped hair colours and created the player henceforth known as Ginger Nightmare.

dammit, this isn’t the FM thread!

Still, someone sign Matt Ritchie and re-train him as a striker, i’ve got a theory.

How long do you go without anyone getting sent off against your club before you start to think it’s a conspiracy? How many red cards do you receive without any opposition getting dismissed before you wonder if there’s a bias?

genuine questions; what would it take for you to question whether there was an issue?

We went 51 matches without being given a penalty until the weekend.

I heard the ref tried to return a dress he purchased for his wife to House of Fraser in the week, but because he didn’t have a receipt, they refused him.

Costly mistake.

Also, scoring goals with your hand/arm is perfectly allowed in Football now, as long as you touch it more than once.

Mike Dean wouldn’t shop at House of Fraser, tens of thousands of fans come out to watch him every weekend; he’s a football superstar and far above any of that shit.

it’ll be our 5th anniversary on boxing day. 5 years, 4 full premier league seasons, 18 red cards for us, non against. At some point i feel we can stop treating referees with respect or pretending they’ve got any integrity as it clearly isn’t the same set of rules for everyone.

Anthony Taylor (born in greater manchester, lives six miles form old trafford) is a ‘cheshire-based’ referee, who officiates matches for man u and man city because ‘he’s an Altrincham supporter’. Bullshit.

There used to be a referees association. since 2001 there’s a match officials ‘limited company’.

Each Premier League match is evaluated by a former senior referee who scrutinises every decision using the match footage and event data to measure the officials’ technical performance. Former players and managers (Match Delegates) assess the accuracy and consistency of decision making and their management of the match

And I’m sure no former players or managers have any kind of bias when it comes to football…

whole system’s fucked, has been since refereeing ‘went professional’ and became all about the money. We shouldn’t be paying these clowns for their current antics. Scrap it and start over.