Looks good but not liking how the guns look something more from COD
Publisher Bohemia Interactive and third-party developer Savage Game Design are announcing today a major new Creator DLC coming soon to Arma 3.
S.O.G. Prairie Fire will transport you back to the Vietnam War and deliver a thrilling and historic military sandbox experience on a scale not seen before in a video game. The S.O.G. Prairie Fire DLC is scheduled for release on Steam in the second quarter (Q2) of this year (2021) and will be priced at $22.99 USD (€22.99 EUR / £19.99 GBP). You can already add the Creator DLC to your wishlist by visiting its store page on Steam.
The name S.O.G. Prairie Fire refers to the “Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group” (MACV-SOG), which was a United States Special Forces unit established in 1964 to conduct covert operations in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. This task force will play a central role in the DLC’s multiplayer co-op campaign. To portray the soldiers’ experiences in a more accurate manner, Savage Game Design has been closely collaborating with US Special Forces veterans who served in MACV-SOG until it was deactivated in 1972, as well as Vietnamese advisors.
Key features of the S.O.G. Prairie Fire Creator DLC include:
- Cam Lao Nam Terrain - Explore a unique 300 km2 terrain representing the Vietnam War’s entire Area of Operations, including the Ho Chi Minh Trail which ran from North Vietnam through neighboring Laos and Cambodia to South Vietnam.
- 4 Factions - Fight as the United States Army (including the covert MACV-SOG Special Forces unit), Army of the Republic of Vietnam (ARVN), People’s Army of Vietnam (PAVN) or Viet Cong. All sides come equipped with their own uniforms and gear.
- 50+ Weapons - Engage the enemy with detailed recreations of pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, grenade launchers, and a diverse range of weapon accessories. Your arsenal is reinforced by deadly grenades, traps, and other special items.
- 50+ Vehicles & Static Weapons (including variants) - Wage war in the jungles, mountains, cities, rivers, and islands of Vietnam with several variations of armed helicopters, gunboats, light tanks, cars, trucks, static weapons, one jet, five small boats, and two bicycles.
- Multiplayer Co-op Campaign - Operate deep within enemy territory as a member of a clandestine MACV-SOG recon team in a fully voice-acted campaign that consists of 6 highly replayable co-op missions for up to 14 players.
- 9 Multiplayer Scenarios - Play 9 new scenarios in Arma 3’s official End Game, Warlords, Zeus, and Escape game modes. The “Ash & Trash” bonus mission tasks you with flying routine helicopter missions around the beautiful countryside and landmarks of Cam Lao Nam.
- 5 Singleplayer Scenarios - Become familiar with the weapons, vehicles, and equipment used during the Vietnam War in two new Showcase scenarios. Additionally, there is a mission for both MACV and PAVN that introduces you to jungle combat from either perspective. The “Ash & Trash” bonus mission can also be enjoyed in singleplayer.
- Sounds & Effects - Experience 'Nam with immersive audio meticulously designed to reproduce the sound of jungle guerrilla warfare: wildlife calls, disturbed vegetation, quiet whispers of “Charlie”, bullet cracks, explosions, and the loud cries of the wounded.
- Music - Listen to an atmospheric soundtrack that consists of rock and blues, and a cinematic score composed with Vietnamese instruments. Players can tune into an in-game radio channel that also broadcasts original Armed Forces Vietnam news and adverts that ran at the time.
- Additional Content - S.O.G. Prairie Fire is complemented by various modules and objects that are usable when the DLC is loaded. This includes custom systems for battlefield logistics, artillery and air support, melee combat, and more – as well as 100 food, drink, and medicine items and over 150 building structures and fortifications that can be used to support community-made content and game modes.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits is being released on PS4, PS5 and PC on the same day, so i’ve got the choice of PS4 or PC - at which point it’ll be down to whichever is cheaper.
You had a go at the demo?
It having a single player perks my interests.
Just D/Ling it now Dezgamez got a vid on YouTube about it
Just had a quick DERP about in the “firing range”. Incredible. Controls are hard to get used to, but the man-operated guided stuff is insane fun! lol. I pitched in on Patreon too.