- Best Storytelling - God of War
- Best Competitive Game - Fortnite Battle Royale
- Best Cooperative Game - Monster Hunter: World
- Best Visual Design - God of War
- Best Indie Game - Dead Cells
- Best Audio - God of War
- Still Playing Award - World of Tanks
- Best Performer - Bryan Dechart (as Connor from Detroit: Become Human)
- Esports Game of the Year - Overwatch
- Best VR Game - The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim VR
- Studio of the Year - SIE Santa Monica Studio
- Best New Streamer / Broadcaster - Bryan Dechart and Amelia Rose Blaire
- Mobile Game of the Year - PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile
- PC Game of the Year - Subnautica
- PlayStation Game of the Year - God of War
- Xbox Game of the Year - Forza Horizon 4
- Nintendo Game of the Year - Octopath Traveler
- Breakthrough Award - Unknown Worlds
- Most Wanted Game - Cyberpunk 2077
- Critics Choice Award - Red Dead Redemption 2
- Lifetime Achievement - Hidetaka Miyazaki (FromSoftware)
- Outstanding Contribution - Xbox Adaptive Controller
- Ultimate Game of the Year - Fortnite Battle Royale
Agree with this, Story was up there with the Last of Us for me!
What a joke but I know why its got it. It my be the most popular game (bloody kids) but can’t see it being game of the year
These are publicly voted awards FYI.
Plus Fortnite BR is constantly balancing, fixing issues, adding gameplay changes, etc etc so I can see why people would have voted.
wow. definitely for this year?
Ah, that probably explains it…
I agree with this, its a fantastic game!
Its not for you if you are not big on “Metroidvania” games though.