Hardspace: Shipbreaker

I’ve had two UH OH moments on the early ships.

The first - Don’t decompress the main cabin, compress the pilot cabin, then open the door.

The explosion reduced the ship to actual debris. There was NOTHING left.

Second (and this relates to your event) - I started cutting around a fuel pipe feeding the main engine. In the early ship, the tanks were drained.

Not on this one. You have to manual disengage the pump. Other wise, your laser cuts the fuel line, the line ignites and your face, ship and the continent of Europe is showered in space debris.

4 Likes

That was probably it - thankfully I was about 10 feet away floating inside the inner hull so only managed to set fire to the ship and not myself!

Has anyone else brained themselves with a piece of wreckage yet?

I absolutely annihilated myself with one of the cryo tanks and then in my rush to try and reach the hab with my last few breaths I overshot the hab and slammed in to one of those space hedgehogs. Splat.

Did this with the first reactor you find but it just minced the aft of the ship. Looked like the docking scene from Interstellar.

Shot myself the length of the ship doing that. Shit went EVERYWHERE.

2 Likes

So reading in the stream discussions earlier, did anyone else not know you can grab onto things with your hand to steady yourself and move around compartments

1 Like

Its not taught, but yes, x and z are hand keys. They can steady you, but also can propel you to the nearest surface. i’ve found using your brakes to be best.

2 Likes

Agreed, the brake is your friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just killed myself by trying to use my cutter and hitting a pack of crisps by accident. The crisps burst into flames and killed me.

Of ALL the things to die to in this game…

4 Likes

Did they burn you to a crisp?

4 Likes

4 Likes

Has anyone managed a perfect salavage yet?

I think something might be wrong with the way it works things out. I was super careful to separate everything and didn’t get a single prompt about destroying stuff but had nearly a dozen items listed as destroyed at the end.

1 Like

There’s definitely some errors occurring, that or there’s too much detail.

The cockpits and airlocks are a nightmare to tear apart due to the mixing of aluminium and nanocarbon. Best thing to remember is the bar at the top - no need to salvage the whole thing tbh. There’s two marks that highlight the state of the ship. Soon as it hits the red one in two shifts, just call it, or your wasting cash to do a shift for little gain.

3 Likes

Can we report n0tch for this?

Because we really should be able to :joy:

5 Likes

Some things are silly like lights etc, I cleared the hull, engines, walls, the works only had a frame left so put that all in the furnace and when I went to my hab showed lights, wall components I did not even see and yea cock pits are grrrrrr as I keep breaking the glass heh.

But yea as Xan said, do what ya can within 2 shifts (Im assuming when it says 1/2/3 days etc that is shifts??) I normally just hit my work orders grab a few extras as I wanna hit rank 10 so I can buy my gear and clear that debt :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thank you, I thought it was just me being stupid with those areas

1 Like

Known Issues thread on the Steam Community for the game.

Certainly explains a few things I’ve come across.

Remapping keys and tweaking display are important!

2 Likes

Oh god this. If I can move “pick up” from the same key as “force YEET INTO THE NEAREST PLANET” that would be great

5 Likes

“Oh look - a repair kit!”

5 Likes

I am loving this game.

I’ve got my breaking down to 2 shifts to strip down a lvl 3 medium ship to nothing. I might leave the odd packet of food behind, but for the most part, everything must go.

Now, the jump to lvl4 ships is a HUGE leap in complexity! Holy fuck. Layered hulls, MASSIVE crew housing rooms, multiple drives… and very heavy side panels.

3 Likes

Im looking forward to the geko hull types. Seen a few videos of them they do look amazing :slight_smile:

Im so looking forward to what other ship types, Id love to see some military types, more cargo based, maybe mining, plus much larger capital type 3-400 meters etc…

and one day, with ships that big multiplayer crews to strip them down… groups stripping ships :slight_smile:

2 Likes

not a bad one to see some of the bigger ships

2 Likes