Hell Let Loose

Jesus Christ - A lot of armchair generals and keyboard warriors in the game.

hell-let-loose-twatsr

Sure, all the squads were at the same spot because there was only one forward spawn areas - but REGARDLESS - It’s the 2nd fecking day of a Beta. Pretty much everyone is learning the ropes.

Other people put me off games these days, they really do.

4 Likes

Part of the reason why I’ve not played online in ages.

4 Likes

was just saying to adrock last night that this was destined to be one for the armchair commanders. Does the game have advanced happyness controls? But I suppose some degree of communication is going to be required to at least do some stuff.

3 Likes

Just had a quick blast. Does look very nice. Guns are very powerful as expected. Couldn’t hear people speak though, which didn’t help. Medic only gets a Walther, but I still got a sneaky flanking kill though. Needs ZiiP players on comms really.

Colour me impressed.

3 Likes

There is a live stream of the Beta on the Steam store page right now. Devs/Community peeps answering questions.

2 Likes

Due to anniversary and other factors, I was kept off of playing online this weekend :frowning:

Looks like I will only get to play it when it comes out.

Good update, need to sort out some of the video settings though, quite a lot of “glow”, can’t tell what the hell is what. Although I think that’s also part of the filter they’ve got on the colours.

At this stage, without comms, I’m just dead weight.

1 Like

That is a point: I recommend everyone tries switching SSAO and post processing to off/low.

This removed a lot of the haze and blurry weirdness for me. Adrock also had some luck turning down AA a little bit.

I’m not sure what it is, it is almost like the end of the flashbang effect from R6.

One small thing I’d like to see in the release is more extensive graphics options, I want to switch off motion blur and tweak some other stuff.

1 Like

I think this game would benefit from a 3 tier Comms system. Squad to squad leader, squad leader to other squad leaders, squad leaders to commander (if there is one). Would stop a lot of the arm chair commanders over comms

2 Likes

DEVELOPER BRIEFING #8 - Sainte-Marie-du-Mont Map Update

Take a sneak peek into the newly revamped Sainte-Marie-du-Mont Map.

And for those who haven’t already please make sure to add us to your STEAM WISHLIST and stay up to date on further briefings!

Check it out here: http://bit.ly/HellLetLooseSteamWishlistNow

Latest devblog about interiors.

COMMUNITY BACKER PLAY TEST

We are aiming to do an unscheduled Community Play Test this weekend March 1st - 4th , for our backers who played in the previous Beta weekend. This will likely be played on the Hurtgen map and is in addition to more beta weekends we are planning. We want to gather feedback on core meta changes and other tweaks we have made to help resolve some issues we noticed in the previous Beta weekend. This is simply to let you all know what we are planning so you are aware and can make any necessary arrangements so you can be involved. We will followup over the next couple days and let you know what changes you can expect to see. Thanks again to the entire community for the ongonig support and feedback as we continue development!

Don’t forget to stay up- to date on Discord here: https://discord.gg/uTaTFV5

NEXT BETA WAVE ANNOUNCED

Join us on the front line!

We’re pushing along at full steam as we bug fix and solidify many core aspects of the game. We’ve read and collated all feedback from the previous testing waves and have either fixed or prioritised the order of the issues being fixed. We’re excited to announce:

The next Hell Let Loose Beta wave will start on April 5th.

To our Recruit backers, we’re excited to invite you to prepare for battle for the first time.

We’ve been working hard on the Sainte-Marie-Du-Mont overhaul. We’ve optimised every aspect of it, updated the visual quality of many of the assets, added lots of micro-terrain and populated the map with new buildings. You can find images of the map below.

1 Like

I enjoyed the last beta; they have come along way. I will be joining this beta.

Yeah, didn’t join the last one due to Anthem. Will be on this on on the Friday night at least.

Really looking forward to this game developing. And I actually quite enjoy not being part of the BETA. I have a good sense of anticipation for it.

War Approaches!

If you pre-order, you’ll be able to take part in our upcoming beta on Friday April 5th at 11am GMT / 7am ET / 4am PT, as well as the two that follow.

Prepare to fight across a brand new map: Sainte-Marie-du-Mont, as players recreate a critical engagement between the 101st Airborne Division and the German Wehrmacht on D-Day!

The beta will also feature the sprawling, dense woodland of our Hürtgen Forest map, where players will engage in the fierce battles between American and German forces that occurred in the winter of 1944.

This is a great opportunity to play Hell Let Loose ahead of Early Access launch, meet the crowdfunder community, join a Division (Clan) and give us your thoughts on the game before it launches!

The Path to Early Access and Beyond!

As we mentioned at the start of this post, we’re incredibly excited to share todays news with you. We’ve been working and playing alongside our crowdfund community for over a year now, tweaking the game and further crafting it into an experience we hope our players will love.

The best bit though? We haven’t even started Early Access yet! All of the work we’ve done so far has taken place in closed alpha & beta settings, but today that begins to change. As the pre-order goes live we’re opening up the doors for even more players to get stuck into the game and be a driving force in our welcoming community.

To our crowd-funder community, thank you for your support and passion in getting us to this point, and to those new players joining the community ahead of Early Access launch by pre-ordering, WELCOME TO THE FRONT!

This is just the beginning.

Today we’re incredibly excited to share with you the news you’ve all been waiting for…

Hell Let Loose will launch our Steam Early Access on June 6th 2019!

1 Like

Hmm may consider a wee pre-orde so can join in on 5th.

1 Like

I will deffo be up for this on Friday night.

I’m away up-country all next weekend milling timber, so won’t be around for this.