Hell Let Loose

Pete - if the key is going to go to waste, wanna send it to me?

It’s tied to his account chum.

Update should hit steam ~11:00 today.

I got the alpha re-installed last night, so I’ll be ready to rock n roll for this evening.

The bastard.

Downloading the update now.

4.7GB in total.

Downloaded and just quickly jumped on an empty server.

There certainly isn’t any mad stamina! Sound effects are pretty damn cool (emptying a mag of MP-40 at a Panther G hearing all the shots ricochet off is awesome). Visuals are gorgeous.

I’m getting about 30FPS on an empty server, but the graphics are set to Ultra.

Wooger Booger - I have my email - I finish work late tonight :frowning: but will try and get it downloaded for a blast tonight or tomorrow.

Only problem I see is, this is my 25th Wedding Anniversary Weekend… could be tricky!

Just had a blast.

It is unlike anything I’ve played before. Closer to ARMA/Dayz (I’ll explain) than BFV from my first experience.

Only played as a tank. Very satisfying - not because it’s a killing machine (which it is) - It’s because it’s harder than other games that contain tanks. For example, moving between positions takes time. You can’t see ANYTHING other than your front viewport. You have to use gears (Shift is up, Ctrl is down. They actually go into Neutral and you can really notice the torque difference - especially on hills or if you are stuck). This reminded me of driving in Dayz - very similar.

Basically, driving a tank is a challenge in itself. As it should be.

Gunning in a tank is also good. Because you have to use keyboard keys to move around and not whizz about with your mouse ( I hope they lock that control) - It means you can’t going on a killing spree because infantry can out run the gun barrel - but equally, get caught infront of a tank, and you’re dead.

Was really really nice taking points knowing that the infantry with me were using me as cover as I rolled forward. I had them to protect my flanks - they had me to advance. Felt very authentic as to what it was probably like (or very Hollywood, at least).

Again, as it should be.

You also have to manually reload after every round. Very much not arcade-like.

So first reactions positive. However. I wonder how much I’ll actually play of it. That’s probably more personal than anything… But it certainly looks good from the outset.

Finally, it is a beta, does need a bit of polish here and there. I’ll have to fire an actual gun at some point :slight_smile:

But you were in a tank so you already have :stuck_out_tongue:

Jesus Christ - A lot of armchair generals and keyboard warriors in the game.

hell-let-loose-twatsr

Sure, all the squads were at the same spot because there was only one forward spawn areas - but REGARDLESS - It’s the 2nd fecking day of a Beta. Pretty much everyone is learning the ropes.

Other people put me off games these days, they really do.

Part of the reason why I’ve not played online in ages.

was just saying to adrock last night that this was destined to be one for the armchair commanders. Does the game have advanced happyness controls? But I suppose some degree of communication is going to be required to at least do some stuff.

Just had a quick blast. Does look very nice. Guns are very powerful as expected. Couldn’t hear people speak though, which didn’t help. Medic only gets a Walther, but I still got a sneaky flanking kill though. Needs ZiiP players on comms really.

Colour me impressed.

There is a live stream of the Beta on the Steam store page right now. Devs/Community peeps answering questions.

Due to anniversary and other factors, I was kept off of playing online this weekend :frowning:

Looks like I will only get to play it when it comes out.

Good update, need to sort out some of the video settings though, quite a lot of “glow”, can’t tell what the hell is what. Although I think that’s also part of the filter they’ve got on the colours.

At this stage, without comms, I’m just dead weight.

That is a point: I recommend everyone tries switching SSAO and post processing to off/low.

This removed a lot of the haze and blurry weirdness for me. Adrock also had some luck turning down AA a little bit.

I’m not sure what it is, it is almost like the end of the flashbang effect from R6.

One small thing I’d like to see in the release is more extensive graphics options, I want to switch off motion blur and tweak some other stuff.

I think this game would benefit from a 3 tier Comms system. Squad to squad leader, squad leader to other squad leaders, squad leaders to commander (if there is one). Would stop a lot of the arm chair commanders over comms

DEVELOPER BRIEFING #8 - Sainte-Marie-du-Mont Map Update

Take a sneak peek into the newly revamped Sainte-Marie-du-Mont Map.

And for those who haven’t already please make sure to add us to your STEAM WISHLIST and stay up to date on further briefings!

Check it out here: http://bit.ly/HellLetLooseSteamWishlistNow

Latest devblog about interiors.