Mordhau

This looks interesting!

1 Like

Oooh released in 5 hours on Steam.

Colour me interested.

*penis perks up

I might enjoy this

This was kickstartered initially, hence no price on launch.

*only multiplayer

*penis de-perks

There is a co-op mode where you fight waves of AI enemies.

Getting decent reviews on Steam.

1 Like

I can confirm members of the horde can be killed using suicidal-castle-wall-jumping-superman-punches to the head. And that my forearms do not effectively parry swords.

1 Like

I saw you had bought this. I have been hovering over the buy button for a while now.

Shall I?

(Whatever answer you give will bind you into a “responsibility contract” with my happiness)

1 Like

Oh No! I need more information. How much did you enjoy Chivalry, or maybe Mount and Blade (the combat has some similarities)?

I’m terrible, but i enjoy it for the moments when bloody and knackered you manage to pull off a parry of what should be a killing blow and then lop the guys head off.

My main issue so far is you seem to have to parry exceptionally late compared with when/where the enemy is striking from. I want to parry when they’ve committed to an attack but always parry too early when i do. It feels weird but i think i just need to adjust. or get a shield. I’m playing horde mode to acclimatise, but you start unarmed as do the horde so there has been a lot of punching.

1 Like

Will get this on payday

Haven’t played any medieval melee type games.

Looks fun though.

it’s a lot of fun. There are a bunch of pre-configured classes, but there’s a points system to pick your own and balance out your armour/weapons/perks.

I’m mostly playing as an archer, learning the maps, and grabbing a melee weapon and parrying myself to death when i’m out of arrows and not near an ammo crate. I carry a pavise on my back which i can stick in the ground and crouch behind, and a short sword for emergency stabbing attempts.

Group melee is horrendously chaotic, with a ton of friendly fire damage (there’s a perk to deal/receive 50% friendly damage), and you need clearance to swing your weapons or they’ll catch on scenery and furniture, and weapons are suitably deadly.

getting better at parrying. rispote not so much.

2 Likes

they patched today. there was an issue with the patch and they rolled out a hotfix.

at the same time, when you load the game after the patch you get a popup asking if you were affected by issues during launch and if so would you like 10,000 in-game currency (for cosmetics). I said yes because i was doing really well in a round when they took the servers down for the hotfix. Now i will spend it all on the most ridiculous looking hat.

And why not.

Fuck it. Bought.

2 Likes

Terrible. Refund requested.

4 Likes

PMSL

So going to make you a website.

N0tchReviews™

5 Likes

Still loving this. Sorry you didn’t get on with it N0tch :confused:

It reminds me of chivalry, with a bit of CS (the red vs blue, kill feed, and utter chaos).

The most ridiculous looking hat is too expensive :frowning:

1 Like

I got it recently.

Loved it. Pure fun, pure carnage on frontlines, and the combat system is surprisingly deep.

However you can happily ignore it and go nuts with a hammer.

Nope.

Have you not read my review?