Hey everyone, and yes I am still alive.
I’ve had an absolute rubbish couple of months over here. I’ve been helping proof read a book which has involved me working on it til 01:30 in the morning during the week and I’ve been spending entire weekends on the damn thing too. I’ve been miserable and because of this, adn so, I feel I deserve something nice.
Something nice and horribly expensive.
My current gaming machine is my Asus laptop from 2012 with a Nvidia GT635m so this new build needs everything (monitor, keyboard etc.)
My budget is 25,000-30,000 kr (about 2,500 to 3,000 euro). I can’t buy from outside Norway as I’ll get hit with a 25% tax. Prices aren’t too bad here at the moment so I won’t get completely screwed over.
I’d honestly prefer to go with AMD but I’ll go with whatever is best for the price.
This machine is primarily for gaming but I will do a little bit of work on it. My work is just basic office stuff that any old machine can do.
In theory I could just buy something prebuilt, like the link below, but I’d like to actually build it myself. I’m really out of the loop with PC components at the moment but I’ll have a proper read up on things now that I’ve some free time.
Format shamelessly stolen from Vred’s post
- CPU : AMD Ryzen 2700x - 3,390 kr
- CPU Cooler : stock
- Motherboard : MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON, Socket-AM4 - 2,077 kr
- RAM : HyperX Predator DDR4 3200MHz 16GB (it has the words hyper and predator so it clearly must be good) - 1,789 kr
- PSU : Corsair HX850, 850W PSU 1,399 kr
- GPU : MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Duke OC 8,179 kr
- Boot M2 : Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD 1,429 kr
- Storage SSD :
- Storage HDD : WD Desktop Black 2TB 1,427 kr
- Case : Fractal Design Define R6 Sort 1,349 kr
- Case fans : 3x Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm Vifte 695 kr
- OS :
Total price 29,233 kr
and once last thing
Sort this crap out Jester