New laptop or old refurb etc

I’ve run into a problem with my mini me
I bought her a laptop for mainly videos and homework and sadly it can barely play minecraft
And the sims I’m forever having to talk her through tech stuff while she’s at her mums
So because I like to ramble and laptops confuse me

I am after a laptop bare minimum can run sims4 please help :sweat_smile:

And touch screen if possible

1 Like

What sort of money dude?

Two options:

• Laptops Direct - Bunch of ZiiP have used them and were happy. Refurbed and new models, different ‘grades’ like CEX. Some warranty. Lots to choose from.
  • Very - Less to choose from, lots of stinkers, but the finance option is pretty good (12 months interest free on certain purchases, 3 months free interest on others).
3 Likes

£300+ or like £20 finance a month
finally got a wage coming in again an because i haven’t spent anything
what with being laid up in bed an then hosi am actually okay money wise for once haha

the thing is i can look at pcs an i know bits about them but a laptop might aswell be the insides of a car or a tampon wrapper for all i can tell

4 Likes

this one looks promising any suggestions?

1 Like

Going purely off the touchscreen and SIMS 4 recommended requirements, the laptop fits the bill for low/medium requirements because of the card:

This is a bench of SIMS 4 from notebook check on the card from the laptop you linked. Numbers indicate FPS on Low/Medium/High/Ultra settings respectively:

I’ve also done a super quick google ‘Lenovo Yoga 530 sims 4’ and haven’t found anything about any major problems with this laptop and Sims 4.

So providing you’re alright playing on low/medium maaaaaaybe some high with a bit of tweaking, the laptop fits.

The memory can be upgraded to 16gb and the SSD can be upgraded in size further down the line easily enough. You could probably pick up 16gb ram and a 1tb SSD for under £200 now, maybe less in future with sales/etc.

3 Likes

Looks like my baby is getting a new laptop :grin: I swear if she was cold I’d give her my flesh to keep warm :joy:

Thank you guys I know I do things quick but if I over think it never happens :neutral_face:

5 Likes

I came back to the thread to check something that was nagging at me and then noticed the link says ‘Vega 8’ but the site I looked it up on said Vega 10. I did another check on the benchmark page for the SIMS 4 and it actually shows the Vega 8 performs better than the 10 for some backwards reason:

3 Likes

Well this is highly annoying :man_facepalming:t3:
Continuous loop of not working restart
So trying to make an recovery drive been at it since 1 :sob: I swear my luck is appalling I’m getting my baba in 2hrs :man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3:

This the new one?!

1 Like

yeppas turned it on to check if it was okay thought i,ll do all the funky stuff so my baba can just straight onto it an pffffttt

What was the last thing you were doing on it?

1 Like

i think i interrupted the installation forgot where the power button was an pressed it while i was holding it
so it went off an when i turned it back on just been getting a constant loop of that image

just going to reinstall all of win10 an hopefully find a key that works for it i swear
i can never just do anything simple :man_facepalming:

Finally sorted it :sweat_smile: proper panic mode for a moment all good now an enough time to sort it before my baba finds out how much of a idiot her dad is haha

5 Likes

I’ve learned more about computers during panic mode than I probably did in school!

4 Likes

Thank you vreddy as you can tell I think she enjoys her new lappy :blush:

8 Likes

fun fact but when i was fixing her laptop from my dumbluck i wiped my external harddrive
with all my pics an vids an songs on throughout the years 4tbs worth :joy:
got easeus on the go managed to save alot of stuff mainly pictures of my baba
cherished memories my drive decided to split its self into 2 lots so sorted through one
an just onto the second one now 7hrs :man_facepalming: :joy: you gotta laugh

3 Likes

Glad you saved the important stuff and that the little one is happy.

3 Likes

Get a Gmail account setup with all the security gubbins, save all the stuff you don’t want to lose in to a passworded archive and then upload it to drive.

3 Likes

That’s another kick in the balls I thought I had but when I checked it it had only gone and stopped uploading end of 2018 :joy: