New NHS book

Taken from my CEO message:

I am emailing because today marks the publication of Dear NHS: 100 Stories to Say Thank You (Trapeze/Orion), a remarkable collection of essays, poems and memories that pay tribute to our health service. Curated by multi-million bestselling author Adam Kay, and featuring a cover designed by Banksy and contributions from Sir Paul McCartney, Malala Yousafzai, Emma Watson, Monica Ali, Ed Sheeran, Sir Trevor McDonald and Bill Bryson among many, many others, this book is a love letter to the NHS and shares the comedies and tragedies of everyday life that we all recognise.

As is evident from the attached pieces by Stephen Fry, Emma Thompson, Reni Eddo-Lodge, Dawn French and Kevin Bridges, the stories in this book are by turns funny and heart-breaking, uplifting and moving, and all deeply personal and utterly heartfelt. As well as saying thank you in one hundred(ish) separate ways, Dear NHS also says thank you in a very practical way, by raising money for NHS Charities Together and The Lullaby Trust. No contributor has been paid a fee for their work, and 100% of our profits from the sale of each book goes those brilliant institutions as our way of saying thank you to the 1.5 million people who go above and beyond the call of duty every single day.

I would like to encourage all of you to buy a copy if you can (here is a link to Amazon, signed copies from Waterstones and the Times, and to help spread the word today by sharing your NHS story with hashtag #DearNHS, and using the attached social media assets – or tell friends and family about the book and, better still, buy copies for them.

2 Likes