New PC Build Needed

So, this current Rig is going to my sibling to act as their new media station and VR centre.

As a result, I need to get myself a new PC!

I’m going to put some builds together, but if folk would be willing to put some alternative builds for me, with a 3080 at the centre of it all, that would be awesome.

Budget is 1,500 ex VAT.

1 Like

I shall watch with interest as I’m also in the “zone”. Waiting on the new Zen 3 chips to be launched early October which hopefully will result in good deals on current Zen 2 chips.

1 Like

Can you wait a month for the new Ryzen stuff to come out…?
Also if you want a good case my corsair case is still available and will go for cheap.

1 Like

FE or partner card?

I’m eyeing up things for the moment. I have about a month to get this sorted, so I’m eager to get some stuff lined up.

I’m going for a full build though.

Case.
CPU.
PSU.
RAM.
M2/SSD/HDD.
GPU.
Cooler.

No need for peripherals.

+Then get my Corsair Carbite Air 540 for 50 euro.
I’m not looking up any GPUs as they are pre-order or you can’t get to a web-page of the etailers

1 Like

Could replace that cooler with:

Pcpartpicker list for ease of use and modifying:
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/BZYQjp
1 Like

Total is 958 euro. No GPU as nothing is available or add 700 for FE card.

2 Likes

Got my eye on this case. RGB. Extra FPS!

Go with Mesh RGB for better airflow. +30 FPS guaranteed.

2 Likes

There is the Samsung 980 Pro M2 drives being released in Early October, so I’m probably going to eye up one of them.

I have a 950(?) Pro at the moment in my current rig, but would use that as a secondary drive alongside the 980. So, the Mobo has to have at least 2 x PCIE 4.0 M2 slots.

I put together a rough build and I’m hitting €2200 inc VAT :smiley:

I really need to tone this shit down if I can. quickest thing is by shaving the RAM down to just 16GB instead of 32GB.

3 Likes

Yeah well this is what happens :slight_smile:
You can always get the 16GB more later on. That is what I did(god damn firefox using it all up).

1 Like

This is roughly what I’m looking at.
I do want a solid multi-core CPU, as I do a good big of rendering of surveys, so the more computational power I can throw at it, the better.

1 Like

Good price on that mobo, where is that from?

Those are all on that computeruniverse.de site.

Maybe get a 3600x now, upgrade to a 5000 series (end of) next year. At least that was my thought when they were announced. I’ve got the same CPU cooler, extremely solid choice. . Otherwise decent build, very similar to what I want to run at the end of the year :smiley: .

I would go with a M.2 main drive and a 2dnary sata ssd but you could just use your 2nd M.2 for that.

I hope the GPU prices will drop to normal levels. I saw 3080s priced in my favorite shop in Germany for over 1000Euros. Absolutely stupid.

EDIT: Did you check compatibility of the RAM for ryzen?

1 Like

Use the following link to compare shops in EU. Just make sure they ship to your country.
Wish Mindfactory would ship to Ireland.

https://geizhals.eu/