Premiership End of Season Table - Open to All

This is just a bit of fun before the season starts - open to anyone to play in this forum.

I will compile the results in a spreadsheet.

The game is easy, using the current Premiership Table, re-sort the team names into the position you think they will be in at the end of the season.

Even if you HATE football, this is your chance to prove its just luck.

For easier copying for your responses:

• 1st
  • 2nd
  • 3rd
  • 4th
  • 5th
  • 6th
  • 7th
  • 8th
  • 9th
  • 10th
  • 11th
  • 12th
  • 13th
  • 14th
  • 15th
  • 16th
  • 17th
  • 18th
  • 19th
  • 20th

Teams to choose are:
Arsenal, Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley, Cardiff, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Everton, Fulham, Huddersfield, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Newcastle, Southampton, Tottenham, Watford, West Ham, Wolves

The points scored are as follows:

1st, 2nd, 3rd - 5 Points
4th, 5th, 6th, 7th - 10 Points
8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th - 15 points
13th, 14th, 15th, 16th - 20 Points
17th - 25 Points
18th - 20 Points
19th - 15 Points
20th - 10 Points

Entries need to be completed by 9th August (Thursday). Man Utd play on the 10th.

1. Man City
  2. Tottenham
  3. Liverpool
  4. Chelsea
  5. West Ham
  6. Man Utd
  7. Everton
  8. Arsenal
  9. Newcastle
  10. Burnley
  11. Crystal Palace
  12. Fulham
  13. Leicester
  14. Watford
  15. Brighton
  16. Wolves
  17. Huddersfield
  18. Southampton
  19. Bournemouth
  20. Cardiff

I think its quite hard to predict this season. I think City will walk it again. Maybe Liverpool if they don’t implode. Maybe Spurs if they don’t bottle it.

Arsenal may struggle with a rebuild. West Ham will probably be strong this season. Man Utd will struggle - Jose out before Christmas.

Burnley will struggle after a few good seasons, especially because of Euro matches and lack of squad depth.

Newcastle will sit midtable, probably beating teams better than them, and losing to teams that are worse. I’m probably giving too much credit to Everton - some good youth though.

Cardiff to go down, because their hacky, shitty style of football will get destroyed in the PL. Bournmouth and Southampton to join them, because they’ve been riding their luck too long.

1 Like

1st: Man City
2nd: Spurs
3rd: Man UTD
4th: Arsenal
5th: Liverpool
6th: Chelsea
7th: Newcastle
8th: West Ham
9th: Leicester
10th: Everton
11thBurnley
12th: Watford
13th: Fulham
14th: Wolves
15th: Southhampton
16th: Palace
17th: Brighton
18th: Huddersfield
19th: Bournemouth
20th: Cardiff

1 Like
  1. Man City
  2. Liverpool
  3. Man Utd
  4. Chelsea
  5. Spurs
  6. Arsenal
  7. Everton
  8. West Ham
  9. C Palace
  10. Burnley
  11. Fulham
  12. Bournemouth
  13. Southampton
  14. Newcastle
  15. Brighton
  16. Leicester
  17. Wolves
  18. Huddersfield
  19. Cardiff
  20. Watford

I think its Man City’s to lose. But relegation could be 3 from 12 teams for me.
I think an early exit from the Europa will help Burnley; I predict Puel will be sacked by Leicester.

Watford have been on borrowed time for me and Huddersfield will come unstuck this season; with Wolves scraping in. Southampton will get some stability and Newcastle/Bournemouth sitting around mid to lower.

If Pellegrini can gel West Ham then it could be a great season for them and if Palace keep Zaha then they should be a good mover as they should be in line with Hodgson’s thinking.

My surprise package is Fulham - they have brought well and play exciting football.

Watched the West Ham vs Villa preseason match online - and although we weren’t great, West Ham looked very together, especially with their new signings. I think they are definitely one to watch this season.

@adrock - time to put that FM knowledge to good use :wink:

@Scottyboy - one to play and not worry about?