Shadow new Hardware Testing

Have started the testing for the new hardware today starting with the Ultra (mid tier). Will be posting benchmarks, videos etc when get up and running.

3 Likes

Yeah, be really interested to see the results.

EEEEEEEEEKKKKK

Been testing some Apex Legends, firstly amazing Ping to London Servers (my Ping on Apex on PS4 to the servers it auto chooses for best is around 18-24), my Shadow ping has also dropped from mid 30s to low 20s in the new OVH Data centre, happy days!

So near enough max settings at 1440p nets me around 100-144 which isn’t bad at all (I imagine the Infinite tier should do one better), I’ll do some 4K testing with it tomorrow with my TV, but “should” be okay hitting 60fps (maybe not maxed out)

Edit 5 or 6 – Upon further changing reference CPUs on CPU-Z … i7 6700K seems the closest

3 Likes

Now for some benchmarks - More to come later and will just edit post (due to only 3 posts in a row rule)

Edit - Just spent a while doing more benchmarks to then realize that OBS was set to 30fps recording … FFS

Video due tomorrow, didn’t even realize that the settings went past “Ultra” when on the highest preset. Before changing to Extremes Avg was 90fps odd.

Forza Horizon 4.

3 Likes

Okay so turns out after I was recommended to use the GeForce drivers in stead of the Quadro ones, the Geforce ones have lowered my performance compared to other testers… FFS… Onto Quadro drivers and start all over again haha…

Does anyone want me to test any games?

Crysis, naturally.

Fugg sticks… I have Crysis 2 and 3 on Origin not 1 :laughing:

1 Like

FH4 and Gears 5 Max Settings

Pip, I’m sure it’s in a thread some where but I can’t be arsed looking, how much is this a month?

1 Like

What is with the pricing?

12 £99 ??

Makea-no-sense.

Haha it’s a European thing I am sure. They’ll write it as 12€99 I think. I did mention it to the shadow staff.

1 Like

Anyhoo yeah @Hammy the tier I’m testing at the moment is 29.99 (cancel anytime) or 24.99 (12 month commit)

Seems that preorders are now looking to be for April due to high demand since they went live.

I have found that while testing, 1080p and 1440p are very similar (till you proper crank up the settings) I had 2fps difference on FH4 Ultra preset (was barely GPU bound at all) 1080p maxed out is … (testing…) avg 97fps and from Ultra preset was 105fps (I think)

2 Likes

You have to pay them 99 quid twelve times a month. Seems perfectly clear to me…

That said, I suppose it does sort of make sense to write it like that, if you ignore your instincts. We do say “twelve pounds sixty”, not “pounds twelve sixty”.

2 Likes

@NaloaC https://twitter.com/VirulentPip1989/status/1201921336995700736

1 Like

1440p Max Settings fairs better :laughing:

1 Like

Unfortunately Shadow of War doesn’t quite perform well enough at 4K max settings :laughing: kills it at 1440p mind you… Really does look like great value for money! Can’t imagine what perf Infinite tier will get.

1 Like

Could this work through the browser on a console?

Nah mate, needs the Shadow Client application to work. Which is currently on Android TV, Android Mobile, iOS, AppleTV, Mac, Windows, Linux (BETA) and then the Shadow Ghost thin client.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/hashtag/TDW?src=hashtag_click&f=live

Some other peoples benchmarks from our “Guild” the “Tea Drinking Warlords”