Sony PS3 store - closing down

Maybe someone here understands the mystic ways of the Sony Store. I have no frigging clue.

The PS3 store access is apparently getting shut down this summer, August if I’m correct. So better buy your old games as long as you still got time.

One of the games I still wanna get for PS3 is Darkstalkers: Resurrection, I already told Jester to hold an eye out for a physical copy as the bloody thing is really rare. In theory this games is available in the PS3 store, I found it, but for some bizzarre reason I only got a download button for the trial version. There is no actual way of me buying it, at least as far as I can tell.

Am I missing something here? Is this thing region locked to US, because the description clearly states “CE Europe limited” ? I don’t understand how I have access to the trial, which seems to work too, but can’t buy it? Is there a magical button?

My store is set to Germany, which in itself seems to have been a mistake.

Anyone here have an idea how I could get my hands on it beside the physical version?

@Zorndar

1 Like

We see now that many of you are incredibly passionate about being able to continue purchasing classic games on PS3 and PS Vita for the foreseeable future, so I’m glad we were able to find a solution to continue operations.

I read this as, we got massive protest about it :smiley: . Good news, some of the games on the store can otherwise only be imported from Japan and are incredible expensive, this was a very good alternative. Even as it seems to not be working for me.

Still no clue why I can’t buy Darkstalkers in the store.

Thanks @VirulentPip, btw. by chance do you have access to the PS3 store? Could you please have a quick look if you can buy Darkstalkers:Resurrection in the UK version of the store?

I don’t have access to a PS3 sorry and the website doesn’t list PS3 titles.

1 Like

No worries!