Speaker issues

My trusty old creative is doing a naughty. Essentially, I keep getting a big ass “thud” at no specific interval, but a few times per minute. It sounds like a sudden disconnect / reconnect. I’ve tried all wires - nowt seen.

Only change to the entire power shizzle is that I’ve changed a now tv box to a now tv stick. DEFO sounds like a power drama. I have a bajillion cables into a tower, have plugged in tio a different socket or 2 - no difference. Is DEFO like power is intermittent. I think I’ve suffered before - but about a bajillion years ago, so can’t remember what I did ti solve it, and am our of ideas.

Plz halp

Can you plug them into another socket anywhere else and test them with something other than your pc (phone/stereo?) to see if they still do it?

I don’t know - I will have a look.
They even do it when pc is off. I have to unplug them to stop the noise…

Doing my head in now. And it’s not “specific” so no definitive time period that it happens. Could be every 3 seconds, could be 5 minutes…

Reet. Is not changed.

So, possibly looking for another set up. Creative site is showing 5.1 for £60, tenner reduction. https://uk.creative.com/p/speakers/inspire-t6300

I want surround, so any other recommendations? I got a couple of items on ebay that I’m watching, but if they within £20 of a new set in the linky, aims go for new for warranty.
Anyone else any recommendations?
Just to plug in to on board sound card and solely for pc use.

Ta! :grinning: :sunglasses:

Edit:- or do I go full out with this - Logitech Z906 Stereo Speakers 3D 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound, THX, 1000 W, Ideal For TV and Living Room https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MY4PU6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vhYoDbMRWBMTV

HELL of a saving and great reviews…
This would likely scupper any plans for rift s unless I sell my xbox 1. Which I am happy doing…

I R got these ones

Dont use them for PC but as home system. VERY LOUD and great :smiley:

Spensive, mind!

O and TBH, I don’t need loud :wink:

1 Like

If you are willing to drop the need for surround, I would pick up a pair of these:

Not cheap, but very very good. I have had a pair of series i for many years now and am still very impressed with the sound quality.

2 Likes

I NEED surround. :cry: