Star Trek Disco. Discussion thread. There may or may not be be spoilers

@Scottyboy

did they not jump to a random part of space where they moved those humans too so they where out of the way?

@Scottyboy

yeah I think you are right with section 31. Was reading today that it will be showing on how section 31 developed into what it was in the DS9 part of time

2 Likes

@ hammy

Not sure now you mention it. I just thought they were on about jumping to the future far enuogh ahead as to not be an issue. Will maybe need to rewatch! any excuse.

My take was the were jumping to the time burnams mum was stuck on terralysium and trhe displaced people there in the ‘current’ time were there due to a weird effect after WW3 or somesuch?

Captain Pike is a Jedi …

Fuck you broken spoiler tags

They could tie in with the temporal cold war from Enterprise, that involved factions form the 28th to 31st centuries (and briefly the Enterprise J). It might also let them do time travel shenanigans for a season and tie it all in a knot as it’s already been resolved by their present, and let them give nods to different bits of canon the way season 2 had way more TOS references than season 1.

They could be responsible for the starfleet that sends folks back from the 31st (where the temporal cold war starfleet guy comes from); the other future factions were never fully explored so they could be anyone reaching into the past to manipulate events: whoever manipulated the suliban, the sphere builders who manipulated the xindi and wanted to transform everything into their weird space, and the aliens who tried to change ww2 because they believe time travel should be fair game. and 31st century starfleet. There’s also the 29th century starfleet who sent timeships back to the 24th and 20th centuries in voyager. And a fuck ton of other time travellers.

I would have loved a cameo by Malcolm McDowell or Whoopi Goldberg in the discovery era. Maybe one for a spinoff. In fact I’m going to hold out for Shran like I did in season 1. Definitely involves enough heavy makeup, and Jeffrey Combs is appropriately older and still has an amazing voice.

Given what happens to him, Pike could still be alive whenever they turn up. You get the impression his hosts are in it for the long haul. And they let him appear however he chooses. And they know how human bodies work now unlike with that first poor woman.

Let the hype begin

3 Likes

as a misheard nightclub doorman might say: No Trailers!

5 Likes

Looks like this is back on again in October going by imdb

1 Like

Yeah. Been touted for a while for Oct. I’m excited. Can’t wait to see the futures future.

1 Like

Disco day tomorrow!! Woohoo

5 Likes

Enjoyed that damn I hate having to wait week for another episode!

3 Likes

Good episode! I liked it as a way of introducing the new setting.

1 Like

I like the setting already.

The idea that star fleet is pretty much non existent save a few ships wannabe officers holding out hope in long forgotten outposts. Gives alot of creative licence now as well without having to worry about timelines too much.

2 Likes

Another good episode. Following the Mandalorian western feel I thought. But way more obviously.

1 Like

Ok.
A little late to the party, but I just finished season 1. This is wonderful. Really, really good. And this finish?

4 Likes

Finally caught up. Loving it

1 Like