Star Trek Disco. Discussion thread. There may or may not be be spoilers

Really enjoyed this one! Love how they change pace every episode

1 Like

Its getting interesting, plus there keeping to the original timeline :slight_smile: so its traceable to Kirk, Picard,Sisko, Janeway (also small nods to Archer too :slight_smile: )

the current setting is giving me a big Andromeda vibe, rebuilding the Federation etc!

roll on Friday,

2 Likes

Ok, I just finished season 2 - I’m catching up! The production values on this series are incredible.

4 Likes

I’m so happy they’ve got the budget for it.

2 Likes

Season 3, ep 1. Mikel high as hell is a joy to behold :heart:

4 Likes

Where do I get me some space uppers?!

I forgot about this weeks!!!

I was trying to figure out where they were going with this series.

Was seeming to be a little bit of a quest to bring Federation together but they found them quicker than that would have played out. So two underlying issues remain, ‘The Burn’ which remains a mystery to be solved and the little hymn/tune that Burnham has now heard from unrelated people light years apart. I think I’m going to throw a 3rd in the form of Kayla, something clearly not right with her which we are led to believe is mental health but I suspect shenanigans. Part of me sees her as the first Borg queen from a reminent of AI in her cybernetics. That spawns the Borg in the future where she sends them to the past to survive… Ah well could be.

3 Likes

The second they brought up the music thing i got Battlestar galactica flash backs

4 Likes

Definitely with you on Kayla. Something just not right with her. I can’t remember for sure, but didn’t she get all ‘red glowy eyes’ at some point in the last season? I think maybe after Airiam died? The song thing makes me think it is connected to the Burn because of the amount of references to ‘harmonics’ there have been in relation to Dilithium and warp cores. The weird guy interviewing Georgiou feels very ‘Section 31’ and his presence and everyone’s reluctance to talk about the Burn and what caused it makes me think it could be something to do with the sorts of experiments they persue. OR could it be something to do with what was said about the Terran universe drifting away from prime universe? It seems like it is messing with Georgiou later in the episode where she has what looks like and abscence episode, that or that spooky guy did something to her.

I really want it to pick up the pace soon. This last episode was really slow and really felt like a rehash of a Voyager or Enterprise episode (which might be a redundant thing to say since a lot of Star Trek stories are formulaic and lend from each other).

3 Likes

i dunno if it’s because netflix keeps trying to push them, but i now view The Purge franchise as a prequel to the terran universe…

2 Likes

Finally caught up. Start of that episode I thought it was going to be terrible and wasn’t sure how they were going to move it forwards. However at the end of it I enjoyed it. Not sure if I like this new federation. Did love the voyager comment though

2 Likes

i feel this federation is going to be bad!!

4 Likes

Great episode. Loved it. Ah fecking broken blur spoilers. Dont like being edited on my phone. Spoiler below!!

[spoiler]I like how they are stripping a way aspects of continuity. Set in future so no need to worry too much about what happened in Canon. New technology to play with. Loved the separated nacelle, the cool computer interfaces and new fandangled badge, com, tricorder personal display and transporter! Device.

Good action, good humour and just still intrigued where its going.
[/spoiler]

i am starting to really dislike Bernam

1 Like

We said the exact same thing!

The seeming darker side to what remains of the Federation, the comments about the Terran universe and what is happening to Georgiou makes me think there is a lot more to what happened with that universe than mystery Star Fleet dude let on. I was wondering if maybe the two universes might have collided or even merged OR before the empire fell, a lot of them jumped ship in to the prime universe. All speculation obviously.

1 Like

Really enjoyed that one!

Michaels mum picked a weird time to do some parenting! Her conflict about if she has a role in Star Fleet was great. Also feel the new federation are hiding something. Getting a feeling they caused the burn.

1 Like

Not my favourite episode but has alot of interesting canon going on in it with links to TNG and Picard. Also touching tribute to Anton Yelchin with a ship named after him. And tilly as XO?? Wtf kinda outfit you running Saru.

i missed that tribute hmmm

I continue to dislike michael more and more.