The Tabletop/Board/Card Game Kickstarter Thread

lol just saw this too. Thought you might jump on this

1 Like

Oh fuck yes!

3D printer or not, that’s some beautiful scenery and some brilliant models.

Also, the Palanite Enforcers have some units in there that aren’t in the existing box!

2 Likes

For imagery use, wonderful stuff;

http://www.simonstalenhag.se

3 Likes

I may have accidentally on purpose just spent about 12 quid on a massive Humble Bundle of Rogue Trader (40K) rpg books…all pdf, none of it watermarked or drm’d. I’ll probably never play it but there’s a ton of interesting reading here.

5 Likes

I was thinking of getting that as well, but trying to be good with monies at the moment.

Also, printer should be arriving tomorrow or wednesday :slight_smile:

1 Like

wait… printer?
Oh dear god. You already have enough bloody miniatures!

2 Likes

It’s mainly for terrain my good man :smiley:

If I enjoy it, then I’ll consider an SLA resin printer for actual models.

2 Likes

*starts to write a list for Calminaturedesigns™

2 Likes

Fuck yes! 3D printer will be delivered today before 6 :slight_smile:

Awesome… then I’m on the road all-day tomorrow :smiley:

Typical. Still, can get it set up today and maybe print a Benchy and see what it’s like.

5 Likes

I thought this was good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is brilliant

Those sneaky fuckers @NaloaC and Kate conspired and Kate grabbed me this:

5 Likes

Welcome to the club brother…bet you get yours built before me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t forget the mod kit so that you can build all 7 variants! :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh boy that’s a lot of plastic…

3 Likes

I can’t bring myself to pre-order the boxed set yet. I’ll see how I feel after payday on wednesday.

Also, @vredesbyrd, where do you get your magnets from? I’m looking to get a bunch of 5mm round magnets.

I got a bunch from Amazon, cheap and effective. I have a Baal Predator which I’ve magnetised but not painted yet… works a treat

4 Likes

I got the first ones in Spoon’s screenshot, the match with a hand drill that is recommended on the product page.

Get some greenstuff as well if you don’t already have some for the caveties in the torsos.

Edit: I know you’re not a specialton, but make sure you double count how any magnets you need. I miss counted and needed to buy a second pack because I didn’t account for the other options in the box I wanted.

1 Like

I’ve got a Dragons Rest set of STL files that mimic Zone Mortalis, and they use these clips:

You can just join bits of buildings together, but you can also use different versions and fix 5mm spherical magnets into the clips so that the magnet can spin in the clip and hold the buildings together :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone heard of this?