gaunt

2 Likes

YES PLEASE

2 Likes

FOR TANITH!

FOR VERGHAST!

FOR THE EMPEROR!

FIRST AND ONLY!

OT: Unreal tech is crazy but it is so rare that anyone takes proper advantage of the tech to the level these videos demonstrate. From personal experience with the older engines, I’d wager its a mix of lacking experience with the new tasty features and the sheer amount of time it takes to produce all the component parts, set them up and test them.

By default the 3rd year project we made had 3 textures per model and we were only using diffuse/specular/normal maps. Just for the hand of the main character I had to:

• Model the hand (Including modelling the finger and wrist joints so they ‘folded’ correctly)
  • Rig the skeleton of the hand
  • Split the mesh down for the UV map
  • Create the diffuse texture
  • Specular texture
  • Normal texture
  • Combine in 3D max and check the texture wraps properly
  • Animate it and save the animation
  • Export to the correct file type(s)
  • Place in the right folder and place in the level
  • Re-bake the lighting/effects with the new model
  • Run the level to check there were no errors

That might sound a lot, but you should see the assets needed for just one of the gears characters. In addition to the above, Nodes on the skeleton for weapon placement, glow maps, scatter maps, various levels of LOD, collision mesh(es), uber poly version, bake down the uber poly version in to a material you can apply to a high poly version, full body animations including idle…crazy.

3 Likes

That looks great, not just for PS5. If any company actually takes full advantage of this technology it would make for an awesome foundation. Btw. apparently the PS5 was running in 1440p as it seems.

Now make a Tomb Raider game with all that and I’m happy :smiley: , its been too long.

1 Like

UE5 does look good and the fancy lighting effects are done without hardware ray tracing as well.

Life in the non RTX cards yet!

1 Like

Now this is the sort of thing I can get behind:

3 Likes