War Thunder Update and General Thread

Just finished downloading it now :slight_smile:

They’ve done some nice tweaks to some of the basic UI operations.

The protection analysis now lets you simulate incoming shots to show EXACTLY how a round will react against your tank when you’re looking at it in the hangar, which is a nice addition.

They’ve also implemented the sonic boom from jets and it fucking sounds ace! :smiley:

Yeah the sounds are great. Been watching phly play some.

So, the christmas festivities are beginning soon and there are some nice Premium tanks and planes up for grabs :slight_smile:

Oooo, slap this code “HAPPYNEWYEAR2019” into your gaijin account page in the store (store.gaijin.net).

Get a 70% RP booster, good for 25! battles and valid for 29 days.
12 Universal Backups.
9 Orders.

Go to the store, go to your profile, go to “activate code” and put the code above in, done.

:slight_smile:

Had a fun couple of Tier V / VI rounds this evening.
Took out a T-10M (beastly Russian heavy) and a AH-1Z helicopter using the Bagel Panzer. Still getting to grips with it. I am constantly playing too gung-ho for higher tiers!

Yeah high tier you have to take more time :slight_smile:
I think I’m getting bored of the boats. Not played them for ages. Might go back to tenks and get past tier 3

@st00kz Planes dear boy, planes is where it’s at. Surely sonic booms is what you should be aiming for ?

@RoGuE I was waiting for your comment lol. You know what…I probably will as not touched them for well over 2 years maybe

So a bunch of my mates from uni have started a whatsapp gaming thread and they’ve leaned towards War Thunder as their pick up n play title :smiley:

I’m gonna try get them to come onto the forums, but I can’t promise much.

Had a few games yesterday at Tier 1 with them and had a good laugh. Then we did a custom battle with an M3A1 Stuart and an LVT (both Tier 1) against my Tier 6 Bagel Panzer :smile: They did actually manage to kill the bagel once, but only because the Stuart managed to get stuck under my lower glaices and put 15 rounds though the hull :smiley:

Must admit i am having fun with the T1 planes again but im missing the tatical side of playing the tanks

Aye, that’s what always interests me more about the ground forces, there’s just that bit more variety to the game.

Got a bastard of a jumbo in front of you and you can’t pen the bastard? Figure out a way to outflank him!

I’m the opposite. More often than not tanks is just me getting mullered by tanks of a much higher tier. Where-as in planes I get to kill planes a couple tiers above, if I fly right…

Saddle up with me partner, I’ll have you slaying tanks in no time :slight_smile:

We tried that man! I kept getting stuck in mud! Shit tanks lol

I’m going to put up a post this week about the typical places to aim for for things up to Tier 3.

I just unlocked the TAM for the germans… only cost me 2.5 million to buy, train and skill :sweat_smile:

I have downloaded the thing! Perhaps, one day, I might even get around to playing the thing!