Warhammer 40K goes 4X: Gladius – Relics of War

A 4x Dark Crusade?!

The lack of a 4X romp set in the grimdark future of the 41st millennium is an unusual omission, especially given the number of Warhammer 40K games that have been released over the last few years. Proxy Studios and publisher Slitherine are on the case, however, as the pair have just announced Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Relics of War.

Along with being a bit of a mouthful, it pits four factions — Space Marines, Orks, Imperial Guard and Necrons — against each other in a 4X fight for domination over the world of Gladius Prime. It’s “coming soon”.

Surprised to see a lack of Nids in there since they’ve got the other horde armies, Spacemarines being the exception at least in the 41st millennium with their piddly 1000 strong chapters.

Each faction comes with its own storylines, tech trees, units and heroes, and they’ll all expand, conquer and interact with enemies and allies differently. However, Proxy Studios is still keeping schtum about what, exactly, those differences are. There’s a hint of an RPG in there, too, with quests and hero units who possess special abilities that become stronger as they rank up. These already powerful units can also be augmented with new gear, from fancy grenades to strange relics.

Original article link.

I’ve never delved in to 4x games properly, I still have Stellaris sat installed just staring at me and intimidating me with it’s overwhelmingness. This might actually flip the switch for me!

And, no mention of Early Access!!!

3 Likes