Warhammer Painting

Eh, I’m gonna go with “it looks fucking’ epic!”

4 Likes

Schpooon…you have some mad skillz buddy.

4 Likes

Sooooooo much new stuff on the way from GW!!!

1 Like

Everyone else have news feeds filled with Emo memes because of the new Shrike model?

I’ve got to admit, that head is stupid as fuck, but when it comes with a beaky helmet who the fuck is building it bare-headed?!

Edit: Those claws are shit as well. Gimme claws that tear up my fingers while I’m assembling the models, not ones made of latches from farm gates like that stupid fucking Carcharodons set on that nutcase in termi armour.

1 Like

You mean Tyberos?

I like the model a bit, but it’s an old sculpt these days.

As for the new Shrike, I really like it. I do prefer the lightning claws of old from 2nd edition terminators though, rather than these new spikey-knuckle-dusters.

1 Like

Yeah. I used to like the chapter until I read up on them and realised they’re nutcases, him especially. I like his model barring only the claws, they don’t look at all threatening.

Shark Bois are awesome how dare you sure they like to kill alot an sure their gene seed is probably that of the world eaters but by jov they don’t half get stuck in

4 Likes

Reivers are coming along nicely.

3 Likes

Calling these 3 done!

I wanted to keep at least one detail in the lighter green, similar to how I’ve done the Intercessors.

Family photo!

4 Likes

Looking good! Keep up the momentum! :+1:

2 Likes

Fucking hell this is a nice conversion!

4 Likes

Also, this is a REALLY nice plasma effect!

4 Likes

5 Likes

So, these are the 3 finalists for “Everchosen” - a global event from all GW stores and gaming stores, where people submitted models for the painting competition:

The winner is crowned The Everchosen and win this:

Some others that made the final rounds include these!

Fucking sweet OSL highlights!

4 Likes

Leaning towards finished with these 5 Intercessors. Need a little edge highlighting, basing, and I think I’ll use transfers for the Company marking on the right shoulder then I’ll call them done.

After they’re done I need to decide whether to do the easy jobs of the LT, other squad of Intercessors or the Inceptors…or completely switch fire and work on my Librarian Dreadnought…

3 Likes

Lookin’ damn fine dude!

I would throw it out there to do an Inceptor, then the LT, then back to another Inceptor, then the Dread, then another inceptor.

1 Like

Like the swapping, but I’ve kind of found a groove with batch painting. 5 of a type at a time seems to be a sweet spot

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I did find doing the 5 intercessors at roughly the same time was a bit easier. Same with the Reivers.

I’d say go for the Inceptors first, then the LT. Have the Dread as a treat at the end of that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Somebody on the IC facebook group received their Kill Team prize from the Nova Open raffle.

Amongst them was an Angry Marine :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s fantastic!

In other news - help…

3 Likes