Warhammer Painting

So, these are the 3 finalists for “Everchosen” - a global event from all GW stores and gaming stores, where people submitted models for the painting competition:

The winner is crowned The Everchosen and win this:

Some others that made the final rounds include these!

Fucking sweet OSL highlights!

4 Likes

Leaning towards finished with these 5 Intercessors. Need a little edge highlighting, basing, and I think I’ll use transfers for the Company marking on the right shoulder then I’ll call them done.

After they’re done I need to decide whether to do the easy jobs of the LT, other squad of Intercessors or the Inceptors…or completely switch fire and work on my Librarian Dreadnought…

3 Likes

Lookin’ damn fine dude!

I would throw it out there to do an Inceptor, then the LT, then back to another Inceptor, then the Dread, then another inceptor.

1 Like

Like the swapping, but I’ve kind of found a groove with batch painting. 5 of a type at a time seems to be a sweet spot

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I did find doing the 5 intercessors at roughly the same time was a bit easier. Same with the Reivers.

I’d say go for the Inceptors first, then the LT. Have the Dread as a treat at the end of that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Somebody on the IC facebook group received their Kill Team prize from the Nova Open raffle.

Amongst them was an Angry Marine :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s fantastic!

In other news - help…

3 Likes

Lovely tutorial on faces!

2 Likes

Watching the video, it doesn’t seem all that difficult, but certainly requires a steady hand and some patience.

I have a few spare heads lying around from a couple of the kits I’m working on (Raptors are the “sensible” ones, so they tend to wear helmets!) so I’ll see if I can get around to attempting something like this.

2 Likes

Co-incidence - I watched this very video just last night! My question was, what kind of brush is he using cos it’s got a great point but also some strength to it…

I was wondering the same :slight_smile:

It’s in the video description:

Brush used- Windsor and newton series 7 size 1

1 Like

Aha! I fell asleep and didn’t think to check there cos I are stoopid lol

1 Like

I had a look at them via Amazon, about 10 sterling each.

There was a little gift box of 4 though too, which is a nice selection.

I’m still contemplating an airbrush. 3D printer first though!

2 Likes

@st00kz Dude, I think you need to have a look at this :smiley:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Hey, if someone ever says you have too many miniatures… they’re wrong!

That’s Adán Tejada’s from the IC Podcasts Chapter (unnamed I think at the moment) in total. Still missing a couple of HQ units and tanks…

2 Likes

Wow. I would love to do the whole blood angels chapter…

1 Like

I’d love to have that much space as well!

2 Likes

Do i…Dont i…

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/catalog/product/920x950/99560101634_BAContemptorIncaendiusDreadnought03.jpg

Ehhhhh, fuck yeah you do! Unless you want to get a Leviathan instead?

1 Like