Warhammer Painting

Contrast paints are your new friends :slight_smile:

From what I have seen on Orks, you can literally just slap the damn stuff on and then do some detail and you’re done!

2 Likes

bloody hell that contrast method looks insane!

1 Like

It’s another tool for us to use :slight_smile:

I’m getting there, but essentially paint for fun. Learn as you go. Be proud of your work.

Don’t compare your work to others, but use their work as a source of inspiration.

My twitter feed is miniatures and movies. That’s it. So much incredible stuff out there and it really is inspiring.

2 Likes

Minor and slow progress;

4 Likes

Oh fuck yeah @spoonlamp !

I got some progress done today on an Eliminator head. Pretty happy with how it came out. I’m not going to get too niggly about it, just crack on and get it done.
Took me about an hour or so to get this done. Simple, but works. Keeping all 3 models with hooded heads, because it’s more in keeping with the unit re. I might yet apply camo to the hood, but will wait and see.image

4 Likes

Slow but steady progress on my first model

Only doing one colour a day to make my time and make it last.

5 Likes

Patience and practise! Even “mistakes” are just learning experiences :wink:

2 Likes

Progress made on my first model just need to shade and sort the base out not bad for my first try i think

5 Likes

That’s a million times better than my first model, that’s for damn sure! :smiley:

If the box came with some washes, throw some nuln oil into the recesses between the armour plates, then do your highlights. It will add to the sense of depth. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Won’t be able to do highlights dont have a lighter blue yet

2 Likes

Great work just need those highlights and recesses

1 Like

Cracking start! Really nice, looking forward to seeing more of these bad boys!

1 Like

OK I did the recessed shade and I mixed some blue and white not very well and some one finished the first marine

5 Likes

Ok im no were near this level anymore XD

4 Likes

Fuck yeah @Reno!!!
Well done fella :slightly_smiling_face:

We learn by doing, so if you enjoyed that, grab another model (or a box of them) and get going :metal:

the second one i have started i based with some black spray didn’t thinkit would be that much darker with the blue base but it is so i donno.

Also i have some old fire warriors i primed in black spray years ago but never started painting them is it safe to spray over them with a white i just ordered or should i try and strip them or grin and bear it and deal with the black?

2 Likes

Tricky - I used to base everything grey, but I’m trying to cut steps out by basing black and lightening in layers. If it were me, I’d leave that black and just hit it with a dry-brush of white on the “upper” sides, then paint your colours on from there
:+1:

1 Like

It depends on the colours that you want to use to paint them.

In all likelihood, the black won’t make much difference, you just need to add more layers.

Apply multiple, thing coats (just add water to your paints & use a wet palette), in order to bring out the colour more so that it’s not too dark because of the black basecoat.

2 Likes

i should have asked this before i ordered the white spray and the contrast paint lol oh well, thanks for the advice guys

2 Likes

The white paint and contrast paints are definitely a good way forward! I’ve seen outrageously good results with them and want to give them a try at some point. I wouldn’t add it over the base coat of black though, you’ll probably start to lose detail.

2 Likes