I wanted to dabble my feet in webdesign for a long time but didn’t had any project worth investing time in. Now I had the idea to redesign my archeries club website because it looks like it was made in the 90’s, my other idea is making a light weight website for my photography and leather products.
I’m surely no novice when it comes to programming, photoshop or Illustrator, however when it comes to making a website I’m completely out of the loop.
Can anyone give me a few hints where to start? I want it to look clean and kinda minimalistic, right now its a bit of a clustered mess. A database backend of sorts would be nice so updating the news section is easier as well as uploading new photos. I looked around a bit and as I could use my Synology NAS as a lightweight server maybe I could use Joomla ?
what I/we probably need:
- introduction, how the facilities look like, what they offer (classes,…),
- some sort of club history
- gallery ?
- memberlist database integration?
- maybe social stuff integration, probably instagram
- if its for me a photo/product gallery and some sort of order function would be ideal
Any advice & links for ressources is welcome