What have you just bought?

My normal quote of “Women, know your limits” clearly doesn’t work here.

2 Likes

Yeah there was no way I was going to complain. I never thought I’d get her to budge on the money, but she became convinced after watching other designers talk about the value of high quality screens and sRGB values…came home from work and it was pretty much a done deal. Just had to let her talk me into it.

2 Likes

I am sure @Jester would sing the praises of quality screens and sRGB values. These designers, eh? A fickle bunch.

3 Likes

Picked up a 7.5mm Prime fisheye len by 7Artisan for my Fuji

https://amzn.to/3lg7wow

Ridiculous wide, obviously. Completely manual, both focus and aperture - so good for teaching you oldskool photography. Mixed reviews but generally good and ultimately, fun.

Really heavy though, solid metal, including ring - whole thing feels really solid. Great value for the money.

Quick pick of E out the box: Literally point and click - so need to play more:

9 Likes

I know nothing at all about cameras and not much about dog breeds. I was genuinely wondering for a while there why your dog needed fisheye contact lenses.

5 Likes

Bought myself an Apple Watch 6 in bog standard spec from Amazon after originally having it on order from Apple.

Apple were taking the piss on delivery time.

Been using it for a week now, and can’t figure out why it took me so long to get a smart watch.

I guess this makes me a full blown apple fanboi, as only thing I don’t have from them now is a HomePod :grimacing:

2 Likes

Dispatching soon…

4 Likes

So I havent just bought this. But I have a share in a Whisky Cask at Isle of Harris Distillery. And it has turned 4 years old. Which means it is officially a dram! woohoo. Also means they have sent us a sample (there are 5 of us invested, my 2 Uncles and couple of friends of theres). Ours is the 200th Cask ever made of this stuff.

Anyway, this arrived today, Cask Strength 59% and I eagerly await my 40Ml sample to try. We are going to do a Zoom tasting.

6 Likes

On the recommendation of my dentist;

3 Likes

bit of a theme…
We brought these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0759J8G7P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

YEAH!!!

4 Likes

Very nice. They’re pretty forgiving in terms of painting them I think.

Black basecoat onto them, drybrush a grey or blue onto the cloth (or whatever hint of colour you want to add), then do the armour panels and you’re essentially done. :smiley:

Then you can move on to the Stormsurge :smiley:

2 Likes

Just got this, decided… its time!

5 Likes

Got a few soldiering things i need to do…not anything silly as this is my 1st time :relaxed: :kissing_closed_eyes: but was only £14 for the lot.
Lets see how bad i mess up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thems the wrong tools for soldiering!

6 Likes

Imagine buying a cheap soldiering kit on Amazon and inside was a gun and a grenade.

5 Likes

Those models are so much fun to build, even the little dinky knights!

1 Like

Im looking forward to it, and to playing! I like big stompy mechs :smiley:

2 Likes

20201018_180436

3 Likes

Mighty fine choices!