What have you seen lately?

Spiderman: Far from Home - high on the scale for Marvel films, daughter really enjoyed it as did I. It misses a couple of beats has some dodgy moments but all round good fun.

Midsommar - not for everyone, but had a real “Wicker Man” feel to it, creepy-disturbing, not sure what’s going to happen to who etc

Also caught Jaws and The Matrix in the cinema today…

4 Likes

The cricket World Cup final.

Absolutely epic. Almost unseparable teams.

3 Likes

Gotta hand it to New Zealand for their sportsmanship. I mean - they were robbed by Lady Luck… that ball hitting Stoke’s bat and running for 4… That was one in a million.

Impressed by England from where they were a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Looooong. Probably would have been a much better film if they’d cut it right down in the editing. Really drags as it is. A few funny moments, but they’re brief. Disappointing. Hoped for more with a cast like this.

3 Likes

Stranger Things 3… Now I need 4. :tired_face:

2 Likes

The end was a bit sad. Almost sort of a hard cut?

Saw the new Lion King with @Angelclaws. Really good - great CGI and some good laughs. Saw it in 2D… but think the 3D would be worth checking too.

1 Like

Start to finish binge watched ‘The Boys’ today and absolutely love it. Really very good, love the whole ‘accidental super villain but not quite’ perspective. Highly recommend.

2 Likes

Also been watching The Boys, loving it, really good fun.

2 Likes

Just finished watching the first series of ‘What we do in the shadows’ TV series on BBC iPlayer super funny and has Matt Berry in it so win win!

2 Likes

Finished the first six episodes of Pose season 2 (maybe the whole season? I’ll have to check). Took a different track but was up to standard with season 1, for me any way.

Need to get back to Happy! and Doom Patrol.

Also need to get around to watching Alita, Detective Pikachu and the new Hellboy that have found their way on to the NAS somehow :shushing_face:

Finished watching Strike Back: Silent War (Season 7) gutted that season 8 will be the last, really enjoyed that one.

Just watched Alita: Battle angle damn that was good !

2 Likes

Avengers Endgame… …

1 Like

Just watched the 1st 2 of the the boys. Very much enjoying it

3 Likes

Watched it again last night. I shouldn’t have, because it was almost 02:00 by the time I got to sleep! :smiley:

2 Likes

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/ready-for-an-event-horizon-tv-series/

Liberate tutemet ex inferis

2 Likes

Is the correct answer! I would also have accepted ‘TV series format retelling of Sunshine’.

I wonder how they’ll maintain anything like the suspense of the film across the length of a series.

2 Likes

Saw this at the Edinburgh Film Festival when it came out, Fishbourne was there, Kylie sat in front of us. Absoltely loved that film. I can’t see how they could possibly make this work in along format…

Kraken

2 Likes

Last night I watched IT on Amazon prime in prep for tonight’s IT Ends at the cinema. I enjoyed it, went on a bit, I mean you guys know I have patience with films but Christ. Really feels like a film of a book which is good and the cameo from Stephen King is great to see, but dear Mithra it is long. It’s not like it really drags but there are a load of places it could have been tightened up. It’s almost like an indulgent love letter to the book and/or that 80s American childhood that Hollywood thinks we wished we’d had…
Enjoyable enough, wouldn’t watch again.

1 Like