What have you seen lately?

Binging like a champ over the past month. Start to finish, many for the nth time:

Mind Hunters - Incredible
Pose - First 2/3rds of Season 2, having trouble getting the last ones
Generation Kill
Band of Brothers
Rick and Morty
It’s Always Sunny
Futurama
Archer
Final Space
Several seasons of Australian Masterchef

Currently on the binge list:
Big Mouth
Sopranos

Thinking about Scrubs again too.

2 Likes

it’s always sunny starts again this week…

Have you tried Infinity Train? It’s different but appeals to me for the same reasons Final Space does.

1 Like

More to watch! I’ll check it out, thanks Ad!

1 Like

About half way through Falling Skies, really enjoying the series (even with some of the bigish time jumps between some seasons).

2 Likes

Dam forgot about that one Pete. Watched it when it 1st came out but can’t remember if I finished it all

1 Like

Went to see Ad Astra - so you don’t have to!

Far too much navel gazing. It’s like a mash up of Event Horizon, Apocalypse Now and Solaris (with a little riff on Dark Star) which sounds amazing, but it’s so slow and bland in comparison to all of those. Brad Pitt is competent enough and underplays it nicely, but there’s a similar and better performance in First Man by Ryan Gosling. Some good moments (opening) but overall - soft with disappointing ending.

1 Like

So. Joker. Tricky. I loved it. There’s not a lot of action, it’s very character driven, the first part is quite slow. It’s like it exists in its own little universe despite being set in Gotham. It’s much more the story of a guy accepting that he’s a broken nut job and giving up on any kind of hope of fitting into society than anything else. I think it’s going to be marmite. But Wacky Phoenix is incredible in it whether you like the film or not…

3 Likes

Hopefully going to see it next week. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Pfft, we all have Tuesdays.

3 Likes

Finally got round to watching John Wick Chapter 3, in 4K with 5.1 surround sound I might add.

Holy forking shirtballs.

1 Like

Good shooting on that one.

1 Like

Hobbs and Shaw, great fun!

1 Like

It’s such daft fun! :smiley:

Saw Terminator: Dark Fate last night. It was fun, an enjoyable film, I’d probably agree it’s the best since T2. Not as good as 1 or 2 though. I could watch Mackenzie Davis all day long, she’s great in this. Worth a watch but don’t get too excited.

2 Likes

Just finished Jack Ryan season two that was a thrilling ride! loved it.

2 Likes

Might have to give it a watch. After watching Patriot Games and then Clear and Present Danger I read Without Remorse, which is all about John Clark, like an origin story. Very basic “you picked on the wrong guy” revenge stuff but wonderfully done. Made me want more of William Dafoe as Clark. I’m guessing they’re making Ryan an uber field operative in this, replacing the role of Clerk?

You will have to wait and see young padawan

1 Like

Really enjoyed Joker. Agreed, Phoenix was outstanding. Although you kinda know the outcome, glad to see the trailer didn’t give away all the juicy bits.

9/10.

1 Like