Off the back of the podcasts thread I thought I’d post a youtube subs thread up!
- Joe Scott - One of my favourites. He does more than science/tech but that seems to be his bread and butter. I find his videos really interesting, especially this one about some crazy quantum physics fuckery.
- SciShow - General science videos produced to be accessible to as many people as possible. They cover a huge range of science topics. Really good watch.
- SciShow Space - All in the name. The SciShow peeps doing space-specific videos.
- Cody’sLab - A mental American dude who does a lot of chemistry videos including making explosives, but also a lot of random stuff like reopening a mine on his property so he can make an engagement ring for his missus.
- Explosions&Fire2 - Basically an Australian Cody’s lab but focusing purely on chemistry. Dude is batshit and I love him. This is his second channel after youtube killed his first because it essentially showed you how to make explosives from household stuff. His new one is the same but has so far stayed up.
- Kurzgesagt - Science explained as simply as possible with incredible animations. Super good.
- Binging with Babish - Guy got popular doing tutorials on how to make crazy food from TV shows and movies like the ‘Taco Town Pizza Crepe Taco Pancake Chili Bag’ from SNL.
- Regular Ordinary Swedish Meal Time (Dead) - Mental Swedish dudes making food in a metal/viking way. Funny. I like to go back and rewatch every now and then.
Miniatures and boardgames
- Occulus Imperia - The style he uses is as love/hate as marmite but he does 40k lore in the character of an Imperial scribe. I love his stuff.
- Miniwargaming - I hate these guys. They run a mini gamestore/centre between them and make a living from that and videos of battle reports, reviews, tutorials…all sorts. Lucky bastards.
- Watch It Played - Videos running you through how to play different boardgames, covering all the rules and clarifying dodgey rules/rulebooks (He was invaluable for Zombiecide!).
- Leutin09 - I have a real love/hate relationship with this channel. The guy annoys the absolute shit out of me sometimes with his arrogance and other times with his ultra-uber-longwinded descriptions, but he digs down in to 40k lore and his videos can be interesting.
- [READ-ACTED] - The guy takes the SCP stories and voices them, getting in voice actors for some of the parts. A bit cringeworthy sometimes and only really for fans of SCP.
- Brandon Rogers - Comedy skits done by a complete mentalist. Found him through his two Aunt Fee (Part 1, Part 2 - VERY NSFW) videos which are incredible. Don’t like all his stuff but there are some gems.
- ColdFusion - Short documentary-style vides about all things from Science to Politics and everything else.
- Jeb Gardener - I love this guy because his videos are weird as hell but he really knows his stuff when it comes to growing plants/veg especially hydroponics.
- Nerd City - Unfortunately his recent videos have descended in to pure youtube/social media drama videos, but his earlier videos are interesting dives in to shady goings on across some youtube channels and social media peoples.
- Plainly Difficult - A mixture of ColdFusion and Joe Scott done by a bloke from the UK. Covers a lot of stuff about accidents and disasters, particularly nuclear-related ones.
- Primitive Technology - A dude in New Zealand who spends his time in the forest learning how primitive people from the past lived. Doesn’t speak a word so make sure you have captions on for descriptions of what is going on in the vid. The guy goes from stick and branch shelters to fully clay-brick huts with clay tiles made using a variety of different kinds of kiln/furnace.
- Vinheteiro - Found completely accidentally, he does music-based videos, mostly piano.